PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Wes Newman
11-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Just wanted to drop a note and say Hi to the forum. I have been woodworking for about a year now, and have learned a great deal from this forum. I live in Huntsville, AL and work for a software company doing technical support and training. I do have my first gloat already:) . Yesterday I bought a Delta 22-580 planer from lowes. This was the last one left in the district. I had to drive an hour and a half. It was up on the Hardware Isle in the overhead. Price was $229.00 minus my 10% off coupon and delta has a $30 mail in rebate, Bringing the grand total to just under $200 with tax included:eek: . Anyway I hope to be a avid poster and maybe even have something insightful to say every once in a while.

Wes Newman

Ted Shrader
11-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi Wes -

Welcome to the Creek. Great place to hang out and dangle your feet. Congratulations on the good deal AND the planer, you will get a lot of use out of it.

So you had to drive an hour and a half - big deal. That is nothing compared to some of the other feats around here. :D ;) :) 'Course it doesn't <i>really</i> count as a gloat unless accompanied by a picture. Since you have been lurking a while, you know Chris and Tyler will bust you :) :) :D

Just funnin' ya! Welcome!

Ted

Frank Pellow
11-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Welcome to Saw Mill Creek. :)

But, since you have been looking at the site for a while, you should know that you can't have a gloat without a picture. :(

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek Wes!......Tyler, Chris....this guys been lurking for some time......he tried to post a gloat without a pic :rolleyes: ......Tyler Chris....... :eek: :rolleyes: :D Again....Welcome!

Kent Cori
11-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Wecome Wes, there's always room for one more here in the Creek. And good score on the planer!! :) However, as Ken points out, no photos means a personal note from the SMC Pic Police. ;)

Wes Newman
11-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Okay, Okay,
Here she is.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12290&stc=1

Wes Bischel
11-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Welcome Wes - glad to see another Wes on the block!

Wes

PS - I got a similar deal on the Delta.

Tyler Howell
11-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Welcome Wes!
A great place to hang, and I agree I have learned a lot from these fine folks. I even taught a few to raise a stink when people don't post a pix with their gloat so you see! Give in take!:p :p .
Good to have you Wes.

Ernie Hobbs
11-07-2004, 3:53 PM
Welcome. It's nice to see some more folks from the Huntsville area. I'm glad you found the planer for $200. I got the same one last winter from Woodworkers Supply. I was real proud of myself for getting a great deal at $250 (when lowes was selling them for $449). Then about a month later, they showed up at the $229 price. Oh well, I still got a good deal. It's a good planer.

Ernie Hobbs
Madison, AL

Jason Tuinstra
11-07-2004, 4:57 PM
Welcome Wes! We're glad to have you around.

Michael Stafford
11-07-2004, 5:03 PM
Welcome Wes, these are a bunch of fine folks to have around. Learn something here every day. Sometimes even useful stuff... :eek:

One of our main gurus Ken Salisbury is also from Huntsville. I believe he is a retired computer man. Fine woodworker! :D

Brian Hale
11-07-2004, 5:23 PM
Welcome Home Wes! Glad to have ya 'round!

Don't let the PP (Pic Police) bother you too much. Sometimes they skip their medication for a couple jelly donuts..... :rolleyes:

Brian :D

Jerry Olexa
11-07-2004, 5:46 PM
Wes Welcome aboard! I have same planer. Be ready for lots of happy chips!

Lou Morrissette
11-07-2004, 6:26 PM
Welcome Wes. Great place to hang out and every day's a school day. Have fun.

Jim Becker
11-07-2004, 6:39 PM
Welcome, Wes!! 'Glad to have you aboard...and you already seem to understand that the "picture police" lurk everywhere! :D

Scott Parks
11-07-2004, 8:29 PM
Welcome. I have the same planer and love it! (Also closeout from Lowe's).

On a side note it seems like Ken, Ted, and Frank have been on overtime picture patrol lately! They've been one step ahead of Tyler and Chris.

Wes Newman
11-07-2004, 9:40 PM
Hey Creekers thanks for the warm welcome.
It's nice to see such a overwhelming response from everyone.:)

John Miliunas
11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey Wes. I'm a bit slow on the draw lately. Too much shop time, I guess. :D :D :D Anyhow, welcome to the Creek! Super place to hang with load to learn and a lot of receptive folks looking for tips, answers and even the occassional chuckle. There's the Picture Police, of course, but I don't pay much attention to them, anyhow! :eek: :D So, with that, come often, stay long and congrats on your new "toy"! :cool: