PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for cell phone deals ?

Kasey Maxwell
03-18-2010, 4:37 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for making a deal with a cell phone store, like if the customer buys a cell phone and a cover or just a cover they can bring me the cover with receipt for proof and I will engrave it for 20% off my regular price, this might increase the cell phone stores sales and drive traffic to me........
that's just what I came up with, unless someone has a better idea ? :D

thanks

Tim Bateson
03-18-2010, 5:24 PM
I have tried that. However most cell phone companies also provide this service. None of them would consider a local vendor. The turn-around time is not good, thus it's a seldom used service. From what I have learned, it doesn't pay enough for the time it takes. There are a few here that do this type of work.

Darryl Hazen
03-18-2010, 5:29 PM
I have to agree with Tim. I've discussed this with several stores and even provided them with samples. No one seems to be interested and it basically is not profitable if anyone is interested. Not enough volume to justify the effort.

Dan Hintz
03-19-2010, 6:57 AM
The stores look at it like this... their sales will not increase just because you offer a laser-engraved cover, their sales are tied directly to a customer's desire/need for a cell phone. And it's mostly true. The "extras" were already mostly decided upon as a purchase before the customer walked through the door (they're either the modder type or they're not). Obviously this is a generalization, but its true enough for most cases, and the shops rarely want to mess with their setup for a couple of extra %.

Viktor Voroncov
03-20-2010, 2:36 AM
Really engraving on cell phones bring good money, but marketing schould be different. I have one customer (site is on Russian, direct link below is to engraved cell phones gallery)
http://www.laserex.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=134

But their marketing 100% oriented to teen's community and about 85% of customers came from their pages in Twitter, Facebook, and local Russian social networks. Afraid this way will be not popular here :) may be ask your childrens sell lasering for % :)