PDA

View Full Version : Flatland Woodturners sent in pens

Jerry Rhoads
03-18-2010, 3:11 PM
Hello Everyone

Flatland Woodturners just sent in 159 Freedom Pens.
We were awhile getting them done.
Some members took home the kits and prepared them.
Some members took home and finished several pens.
We had a Freedom Pen turning gathering last year on D-Day (June 6th.) and many pens were turned and finished.

The club allowed a couple of members to send some pens to the units that they had been with. (I do not have a count for those.)

Carpenters Local #44 provided most of the funds for buying the kits and bushings. (We meet at their hall and several of us are carpenters as well.)
the club provides candy dishes and flower vases for their annual recoginition banquet. A few members also make things for them to give away at their Christmas party.

The club is proud to have particapated in the Freedom Pen Project.
Hopefully next time we will do more.

Jerry Rhoads

Keith Outten
03-19-2010, 6:39 AM
Jerry,

Please thank everyone in your group for their participation in the Freesom Pens Project. The number of people making pens has been dropping through the years but there are still enough of us to keep the project alive. We are shipping pens to units in Iraq and Afganistan when units send us requests, lately we haven't had enough pens to satisfy the demand but we have a list of groups to send pens to as soon as we receive them.

Thanks,
Keith

Jerry Rhoads
03-21-2010, 9:03 PM
Keith
I will let everone know about the demand.
I will let them know the thanks given.
Perhaps I will talk the club into another drive sooner than I was going to.

Jerry

Keith Outten
03-22-2010, 6:25 AM
Thanks Jerry,

Your box of pens came in the mail Saturday. Jackie will update the master list ASAP.