PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Had Day Like This.

James Combs
03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I just posted a Gloat over on the "General Woodworking and Power Tools"
forum. You guys on the turner's forum might get a kick out of it too.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=135780

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=324

Doug W Swanson
03-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Ouch.....

Hopefully you can get it fixed up!

Doug

David E Keller
03-18-2010, 12:15 AM
You've got a much better sense of humor than I do.

Sorry about the new toy. If my four year old treats his toys like that, we tell him we won't buy him any more... I hope that rule doesn't apply at your house.:p

I'll bet if somebody from Grizzly sees that photo journal, they'll try to help you out. I've had great luck with their service in the past.

John Keeton
03-18-2010, 6:25 AM
JD, that was a wild ride!! Sounds like you will recover OK, but that first flush of nausea had to be horrible!:eek: Insurance may help, but I suspect the deductible would get you anyway. Hope you get the new parts in, and get that sucker up and running!

Roland Martin
03-18-2010, 6:38 AM
BUMMER, have you purchased ratchet straps yet? Life is much easier with a sense of humor. Best of luck, hope it doesn't cost too much.

Toney Robertson
03-18-2010, 7:11 AM
Well, I almost did have a day like yours.

I had picked up my Rojek table saw in the Quad Cities area and was returning home. I swung by to see a friend and underestimated the size of a VERY large speed bump in his neighborhood. Hit it to hard and the saw wobbled so hard that one of the ratchet straps failed. Luckily for me, the strap did enough of it's job before it failed so I got the saw home in one piece.

I hope you can get it fixed.

Toney

James Combs
03-18-2010, 7:35 AM
I keep about a dozen in the back seat but "I didn't need any". After all the saw was surrounded by a 4 other boxes and I was only going 5 miles:o

BUMMER, have you purchased ratchet straps yet? Life is much easier with a sense of humor. Best of luck, hope it doesn't cost too much.

Matt Ranum
03-18-2010, 9:20 AM
I feel your pain, honestly. I have had days like that too, like when I borrowed a pickup, left the door open and didn't realize I left in neutral. Bent the drivers door so it met the front fender completely.

Looks like the overall parts bill won't be too bad, but still a shame you'll have to do an overhaul on a new machine.

Fred Perreault
03-18-2010, 9:54 AM
James,
It seems that you have the newest, shiniest "parts" machine in your area. By the time you get the needed parts, you could probably buy a new saw. And when you order the New Grizzly, see if they have any discounted chainsaws. They are easier to use on trees than a circular saw with a dang table in the way.
If you do decide to "restore" the already new saw, you should know more about how they work than many of us.

Mark Hubl
03-18-2010, 1:54 PM
Ouch. What a major disappointment. Well, once everything is sorted out you will have a great story to tell. And I bet as an older gent you will be saying to anyone who is loading a truck, "Ya better strap that down.".

James Combs
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
I know you guys are going to think I am a liar as well as a lousy transporter but I got a call today from Grizzly today, a Mr. John Lamza, the parts manager, he tells me that everything is going to be covered under warranty. They are expediting all the parts I need and I should have them in a few days:eek:. Really I'm not kidding. There is no way any other company can beat customer service like that.:)

James,
It seems that you have the newest, shiniest "parts" machine in your area. By the time you get the needed parts, you could probably buy a new saw. And when you order the New Grizzly, see if they have any discounted chainsaws. They are easier to use on trees than a circular saw with a dang table in the way.
If you do decide to "restore" the already new saw, you should know more about how they work than many of us.

George Morris
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
To have a mfg. cover that says wonders for Grizzly Tools . That is a class company!! Good luck with the rebuild!! G

Jake Helmboldt
03-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I know you guys are going to think I am a liar as well as a lousy transporter but I got a call today from Grizzly today, a Mr. John Lamza, the parts manager, he tells me that everything is going to be covered under warranty. They are expediting all the parts I need and I should have them in a few days:eek:. Really I'm not kidding. There is no way any other company can beat customer service like that.:)

Ha, I ws just about to say I would have driven down the road and thrown myself out of the truck at 40 MPH if I had done that. With my luck I would have done so, right before Grizzly called with the good news.

Man, you dodged a bullet there. And Grizzly took a bullet for you. That is SERVICE. All's well that ends well. Good for them (and you for handling that with such aplomb).

Steve Schlumpf
03-19-2010, 12:12 AM
James - sorry to hear of the mishap but glad you were not hurt loading everything back into the truck! I know it is just a thing and can be fixed but that sure had to make you sick for awhile when it happened.

Have to admit that Grizzly is going above and beyond when it comes to honoring their warranty. I'm impressed!

Hope all goes well with the repairs!

Ken Glass
03-19-2010, 7:35 AM
James,
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to Pay-It-Forward. Just think of the great things that might happen if you choose to do what Shiraz Balolia has done for you, and on and on. Grizzly never disappoints with customer service, and I wish all companies had his business ethics and caring attitude. What a great ending to what could have been a horrible accident.

John Keeton
03-19-2010, 7:39 AM
...everything is going to be covered under warranty. They are expediting all the parts I need and I should have them in a few days:eek:. Really I'm not kidding. There is no way any other company can beat customer service like that.:)And, this is only one of the reasons I have a shop full of Griz tools!

Fantastic response from Papa Griz!!