PDA

View Full Version : Leg Up on PM2000

Nick Mastropietro
03-17-2010, 5:06 PM
Have you installed a Leg Up on your Powermatic 2000 TS? if so, please provide details as to where you mounted it, edge of table or end or fence rail. Pictures would be a huge +. Please include a bit of detail on how it works for you, any issues or problems. I debating on trimming the end of the fence rail even with the table edge but I don't know if it's necessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lewis Cobb
03-17-2010, 8:08 PM
Have you installed a Leg Up on your Powermatic 2000 TS? if so, please provide details as to where you mounted it, edge of table or end or fence rail. Pictures would be a huge +. Please include a bit of detail on how it works for you, any issues or problems. I debating on trimming the end of the fence rail even with the table edge but I don't know if it's necessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Nick -
I didn't even know what one of these things was until about 2 minutes ago when I googled it. I found a youtube video that shows it in operation.

If it were me, I'd avoid cutting the rail of the saw, and come up with a steel angle or bracket affair that can be bolted to the left extension wing - then fasten the leg up to that. The bracket could be made to extend the pivot point of the leg up out to the end of the rail. If you made it with bolts/jig knobs or whatever, you could easily take it off and store it out of the way if you ever came up with other jigs/fixtures that required mounting on the left side of the saw.

Just my .02

Nick Mastropietro
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Great idea, that's why I posted this subject. I knew someone could - would talk me out of a bad idea. Your solution sounds like a good one, I will take a look and see if I an fabricate something along those lines.
Thanks

Lewis Cobb
03-18-2010, 7:38 AM
Great idea, that's why I posted this subject. I knew someone could - would talk me out of a bad idea. Your solution sounds like a good one, I will take a look and see if I an fabricate something along those lines.
Thanks

I'm always a fan of trying to come up with modifications to machines that can be "removed" if circumstances change in the future.

Make sure to post up some pics or a sketch of anything you come up with !

Tom Davis
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Nick:

I popped the insert out of the end rail and attached the Leg Up. I then nothched the insert and put it back on (I think this is what I did). It was about a 2 minute install.

I will take pictures tonight and post tomorrow morning.

Tom