PDA

View Full Version : CoreDraw help

Joe Peacock
03-17-2010, 4:00 PM
I have a triangle with three nodes. I want to delete one segment of the triangle so that I can use the two remaining angled lines to make a diamond. How do I eliminate the segment and use the remaining two sides to make the diamond. I think after I eliminate the segment I need to copy the remaining two segments and flip the copy but I can't figure out how to get rid of the segment and then join everything into a diamond.
ArtCam lets you cut a node but I can't figure out how to cut a node or how to join the two pieces of the triangle to make the diamond in CorelDraw 13.
I sure appreciate any help you can give me.
Joe

Lee DeRaud
03-17-2010, 4:04 PM
I have a triangle with three nodes. I want to delete one segment of the triangle so that I can use the two remaining angled lines to make a diamond.There's a lot of mucking around with the shape tool etc that will do the job, but the easiest way to do what you want is just put two triangles together and use the boundary tool to get the composite shape, then delete the originals. "Snap-to-node" will make this (and many other processes) much easier.

Mike Null
03-17-2010, 4:07 PM
Joe

Use the polygon tool and you can select the number of sides you want.

The tool is at the left of your screen and the settings will be in the menu bar.

In other words don't use a triangle, use a diamond.

Steve Clarkson
03-17-2010, 4:28 PM
Or just draw a square and turn it 45 degrees.

Dee Gallo
03-17-2010, 4:53 PM
Or just double-click in the middle of one side, which will give you a new node. Pull it to wherever you want it.

Joe Peacock
03-17-2010, 5:10 PM
Wow, that was fast!! Thanks for the help!!!!!!
Joe

John Noell
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
But wait! There's more! Right click on the triangle, choose convert to curve. Right click on a corner (node) and choose break apart. Then double click on an end point to make that segment go away. Simply drawing a diamond is too easy. :)

Frank Corker
03-18-2010, 8:27 AM
But wait, there is more to the more! A seldom used tool bar icon which is seldom used and extremely useful is the SMART DRAWING TOOL(Shift+S), you can use this to draw basic shapes freehand, including a complete circle, triangle, straight line and much much more. Just draw the basic shape using that tool with the left mouse button, when you release the left button, Corel will render the shape for you automatically. Brilliant!

Larry Bratton
03-18-2010, 9:50 AM
That's what I like about Corel. So many methods to accomplish the objective. I use that Smart Drawing tool all the time.

Joe Peacock
03-18-2010, 4:05 PM
Thanks VERY much to all who responded! Your expertise helped me save a lots of time and I learned some other things I had been wondering about too.
Joe