PDA

View Full Version : Importing a .psd file into Engravelab

Belinda Barfield
03-17-2010, 1:41 PM
I have a customer who wants a small piece engraved and cut from Rowmark. He sent the file to me in a .psd format, which I can import into Engravelab. Is there a way to measure for centers, etc., on a .psd file in Engravelab? The customer states that the measurements are embedded in the file. If this can't be done in Engravelab, can it be done in Corel? It would seem there would be a point to point method of measurement in Engravelab, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any assistance!

Randy Digby
03-17-2010, 2:32 PM
Belinda, I don't remember pulling a .psd file into Engravelab but with any other file or graphic that I have imported into Engravelab I have the capability to click on the graphic and it displays all of the graphic parameters (width, height, location in reference to orgin) and allows me to move or resize as needed. Not sure if this answers your specific question.

Belinda Barfield
03-17-2010, 3:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Randy. Yes, when I click on the image I get the dimensions, center, etc. I should have given a better explantation. Some of the areas that show in white on the .psd need to be cut out. I can create a vector and then keep fiddling with it until I get it close, probably close enough. I was just wondering if there is a point to point measuring tool in Engravelab. It would save a lot of time. We also use Artcam and in that software you can measure from node to node. If all else fails I may try it in Artcam, then export it to Engravelab.

Randy Digby
03-17-2010, 4:12 PM
Belinda, try going to Help, index, type in "Measure" and see if any of the tools listed will get you what you need. I've never had a need to measure an object other than using the properties values.