PDA

View Full Version : oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Jake Helmboldt
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm not Irish, but I'll be dancing a jig tomorrow if my new 1642 shows up as is scheduled.:D

But I just found out I have to be out of town for work and might have to wait an extra day.:mad:

Big ups to the guys at ToolNut. I couldn't resist the lure of the Jet sale.

Steve Schlumpf
03-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats! Looking forward to the photos!

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Congrats hope all works out well for you.

Nick Mastropietro
03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Do you remember the night before you were going to Disney World or the night before that first date, hum, how about the night before Christmas. Wow the anticipation was amazing. My guess is you won't sleep very well tonight. Mine arrived last Friday and I couldn't wait to cut the bands on that baby. Your going to have a great time putting it together. Just make sure you face the big red Jet forward, don't ask :o +99999 for Toolnut

Donald Wilkins
03-17-2010, 7:37 AM
Congrats as well...I was just as excited when I got mine on Monday...I just had to take the afternoon off to receive and unpack it. The bad thing is it will be this weekend before I can do some serious work on it. Hope you have many good experiences with it. And ToolNut has my vote as this was easier than getting one locally and dealing with the hassel of hauling it home.

-Donald-

Roland Martin
03-17-2010, 7:54 AM
I'm excited right along with you. Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, also ordered it from Toolnut, great people & service. Best of luck with your new lathe and turn safely! "Kids in a candy store"

Jake Helmboldt
03-17-2010, 2:01 PM
I'm excited right along with you. Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, also ordered it from Toolnut, great people & service. Best of luck with your new lathe and turn safely! "Kids in a candy store"

Roland, I'm now scheduled for Thursday AM delivery. I'll race ya'. Last one with a 1642 in their shop is a rotten egg!;) Hey, I just noticed that you are a Maniac. I grew up down east of you. Have a wicked good time with that lathe!

Nick, I told Peter at Toolnut that I feel like a kid at Christmas. I sold my 1236 yesterday so I don't have to worry about where I'm going to put this thing in my already crowded garage!

I've got some big bowl blanks that have just been waiting for this day.

JH:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-17-2010, 2:08 PM
Enjoy guys!

Sean Ackerman NY
03-17-2010, 9:45 PM
Haha, this is great, a photo finish. First pictures up obviously wins. I'm digging up a prize for whomever gets a photo up first. No joke. Get on your game!

Jake Helmboldt
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Haha, this is great, a photo finish. First pictures up obviously wins. I'm digging up a prize for whomever gets a photo up first. No joke. Get on your game!

My 1642 was in the garage this AM at 8:10! :D

But I had to go to work and have to take my daughter to the school play tonight so I don't know when it will be assembled. :(

On a serious note, Southeastern Freight was great and the driver dragged it up my long (uphill) driveway on the pallet jack and then refused my tip. Super friendly and great service. I called SE and thanked them and they said they have a program that recognizes good service among their drivers. So, if you have a good freight experience with your driver call the company and give the employee recognition; other companies may have a similar program.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Congrats....Sean says first photo wins....

Sean Ackerman NY
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Ohhh, down to the wire....

Thank you for the heads up, re: calling freight company to reward good service. I'd heed Jake's advice guys, call when you're happy with a freight handler / trucker. It only makes it a more enjoyable experience for the next guy down the line if these drivers learn from their superiors that they'll get rewarded, etc for taking care of you the right way.

As an FYI, on my side of things it seems as if freight issues have dropped to almost nil compared to where things were a few years ago. Thoughts?

Baxter Smith
03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Roland, I'm now scheduled for Thursday AM delivery. I'll race ya'. Last one with a 1642 in their shop is a rotten egg!;) Hey, I just noticed that you are a Maniac. I grew up down east of you. Have a wicked good time with that lathe!

Nick, I told Peter at Toolnut that I feel like a kid at Christmas. I sold my 1236 yesterday so I don't have to worry about where I'm going to put this thing in my already crowded garage!

I've got some big bowl blanks that have just been waiting for this day.

JH:D
I see you're another Maniac living in exile too!:D I was born downeast of Roland as well. Does that mean I'm goint to be getting one of those Jets as well? I didn't think my wife knew the model #.;)

John W Dixon
03-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Congrats on the 1642. It is a great machine that you will love! Remember to loosen the set screws before removing the faceplate. Don't ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

I ordered from Toolnut last year and was extremely pleased with the serviced received from them too.

John

Karl Card
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
be time to call off sick.... bad case of toolitus..lol

Jake Helmboldt
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM

I'm supposed to be doing work right now (like real work, that pays for this bad habit), but there was no way that poor thing was gonna sit overnight in the cramped box. She had to get out and stretch her legs! :D

I guess I'll be staying up late to get my work done. :(

Jake Helmboldt
03-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Ohhh, down to the wire....

Thank you for the heads up, re: calling freight company to reward good service. I'd heed Jake's advice guys, call when you're happy with a freight handler / trucker. It only makes it a more enjoyable experience for the next guy down the line if these drivers learn from their superiors that they'll get rewarded, etc for taking care of you the right way.

As an FYI, on my side of things it seems as if freight issues have dropped to almost nil compared to where things were a few years ago. Thoughts?

Sean, I think you can answer that last question by looking in the mirror. For several years I've been bemoaning the fact that service is dead. ToolNut, Lee Valley, Lie Nielsen, and others in the wood world have great reputations for the service they (you) provide, but sadly a lot of others don't. I'm guessing when things were going nuts with the economy a lot of people lost sight of how important that is, inclduing freight companies that were focussed on getting the delivery made.

I worked at UPS in college and it is abyssmal how badly some of those packages get treated, especially during peak season. It is all about pushing the volume through the pipeline. I'm guessing the same happened in the freight world. Now, everyone is reminded that it potentially is the difference between having a job, and not having a job. Nothing like a lousy economy to remind some of those companies that you need to treat customers right.

Thanks again to the guys there at TN.

JH

Sean Ackerman NY
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm supposed to be doing work right now (like real work, that pays for this bad habit), but there was no way that poor thing was gonna sit overnight in the cramped box. She had to get out and stretch her legs! :D

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I didn't even notice the photo yesterday, damn google chrome!

Nick Mastropietro
03-19-2010, 5:17 PM

Hey Jake, I can't believe my eyes, I think I have her sister right here in my shop. If your gal is anything like mine she'll make your head spin.:D

Jake Helmboldt
03-20-2010, 8:24 PM
Hey Jake, I can't believe my eyes, I think I have her sister right here in my shop. If your gal is anything like mine she'll make your head spin.:D

Nick, I took her for a spin and she's sweeeet! I notice yours is wearing her new rollerskates. How are they working out? I'm thinking about a set as well, but my floor is really rough concrete and I wonder if they will roll well.