PDA

View Full Version : Engravers Tattoo?

Scott Balboa
03-16-2010, 5:20 PM
So a fellow engraving buddy of mine is thinking about getting a tattoo to "encapsulate" his engraving experiences, as he has been in the trade a long time and likes inking memorable chapters of his life on his skin. I was trying to help him brainstorm some kind of universal engraving symbol, but to be honest, I can't think of a single thing. OF course you have diamond and laser engraving, and everything in between, so I'm not sure what specific idea, tool, or trade-specific symbol would portray engraving. Any creative minds out there have a good idea or seen something they could imagine being a tattoo!? Random question but thought someone here might have a brilliant idea.

Gary Hair
03-16-2010, 10:22 PM
If he were a "true" engraver he would engrave it himself and not leave such an important image up to a lesser human being...

Frank Corker
03-17-2010, 4:32 AM
If he were a "true" engraver he would engrave it himself and not leave such an important image up to a lesser human being...

A tad harsh, but I was actually wondering the same thing. Well there's no universal logo which associates engravers, but the common thing amongst all co2 is the thin beam and the bright flash where it hits the material. The latter being the dramatic impact, in comic book form (like tattoo) when the beam hits, everything it hits gets obliterated.

Maybe laserman having been affected by some solar gamma beam, fires a laser beam from his outstretched fist and etches a name or image onto a wall or a foe's forehead. But I don't have much of an imagination.

Rodne Gold
03-17-2010, 4:39 AM
A hand with an old style engravers tool/chisel with a curl of swarf coming out , following some copperplate lettering (maybe his initials?) would probably show what is intended.
To encapsulate the whole life of an engraver - in most cases outstretched hands holding a begging bowl would suffice :)
There was a thread about DIY tatoos using a laser some time ago ...he could always have one of those done.

Michael Hunter
03-17-2010, 5:01 AM
Why not Ming-the-Merciless : Patron Saint of laserists?

(from the film "Flash Gordon" for those too young or not properly educated)

Darren Null
03-17-2010, 5:51 AM
This?
http://www.online-sign.com/signs/warning/thumbs/17.jpg

Mark Winlund
03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
To encapsulate the whole life of an engraver - in most cases outstretched hands holding a begging bowl would suffice :)

You got that right!

Mark

Dan Hintz
03-18-2010, 7:48 AM
FLASH! Ah ahhhhhhhhhh..... ruler of the universe!

James Terry
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Others do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXof6vScMc&feature=related

Belinda Barfield
03-18-2010, 1:32 PM
FLASH! Ah ahhhhhhhhhh..... ruler of the universe!

Just a tiny correction . . . Flash was the savior of the universe! :D

JAIME PUJOL
03-18-2010, 7:43 PM
This is a nice website Maybe something like this website. It has a artisit with a laser paint brush.
http://www.laserxpressions.com/marble-photos.html

Dan Hintz
03-19-2010, 7:01 AM
Just a tiny correction . . . Flash was the savior of the universe! :D
DOH! <smack head>