PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Tube.....kudos too all that helped

Russ Shoe
03-16-2010, 3:46 PM
Right around Xmas time, our Epilog Radius was acting up, our first laser, purchased last year at a great price. Always somewhat risky buying used off the internet, but the price was sooooo right. Of course the tube was acting up in Dec.

Fast forward to now, all is well, new tube, and we are burning up a storm, actually starting to make some $$.

Have to give some "kudos" to the Tech Staff at Epilog, Peck included, the communication process started a bit bumpy, but was totally smoothed out and the teckys at Epilog were dead on with our machine.

We had actually several outlets to get a tube, either exchange or recharged, quite amazing for our lil dinosaur of a machine. Trying to decide where to get a tube, which you all know is one of the largest repair costs involved with lasers. The decision was guided by cost obviously, downtime, and warranty. Between Epilog, a shop in Ohio, Synrad the manufacture, and someone quite local to us, "UsedLasers.com" i.e... Robert & Diane Bosworth, we went with Robert and Diane. I’m sure any of our choices would have worked out great, just seemed logical to work with someone local.

We couldn’t be more happy with our experience with Rob and Diane, simply amazing people. Their shop is only about 2hrs away from us. At first we just tried to drive up and get the tube from them. Good ole Wisconsin weather didn’t cooperate and had to cancel that. Talking to Rob, he offered to drive down the next day and help me install the tube. Everything went perfect, in fact, probably wouldn’t been able to do the install, cause we had to change some of the wiring, (not above me, just lack of knowledge). Rob knows lasers that’s for sure.

Rob and Diane are great to work with, very personable, and professional, would never hesitate to recommend them to anyone. If you are ever considering a "used laser", they are the ones to contact in our book.

Thanks Rob and Diane!

Russ n Lori

Scott Balboa
03-16-2010, 5:24 PM
Thanks for sharing... Glad to know a fellow engraver is back up and running with a new tube!