PDA

View Full Version : Turniing forum not listed on Main screen? (Resolved)

Bob Oswin
11-06-2004, 8:55 AM
Forgive me for asking but,I can't seem to see where a newcomer could locate the Turners Forum at a glance.

It does not show up as a forum on the forums listing on the main page.

I found it by sorting through the new postings feature and being fortunate to see a posting directed here.

Is that an oversight or a feature?

Bob :)

Jim Becker
11-06-2004, 9:05 AM
It's there. Your computer may have an older version of the main site screen cached. Several folks have been experiencing this recently for some reason...

Michael Stafford
11-06-2004, 9:06 AM
Bob, on my main screen the Wood Turner's Forum is listed between Neanderthal Haven and Design Forum. Maybe there is a gremlin in your system, some evil flatworlder that wants to keep you from experiencing the joys of the round world...

James Farrow
11-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Jim is most likely right. You probably have an old version of the page in your cache. Empty the files from your cache and then reload the page and it should be fine. Don't delete the "cookies" (user names, passwords, etc...) though, or you will have to re-log-in to any forums or websites that need them.

James :)

Bob Oswin
11-06-2004, 10:39 AM
It's there. Your computer may have an older version of the main site screen cached. Several folks have been experiencing this recently for some reason...
Thanks for the heads up Jim.
The work around is to delete the URL icon in your favorites and look up Sawmill creek on Google or similar then add the new screen to your favourite agian.

Don't ya just love Windows? Everything is so standardized and well thought out!

Bob - Who also runs a Mac and Redhat. ;-)