PDA

View Full Version : I slipped under the pic police radar!!

Kelly C. Hanna
11-06-2004, 8:03 AM
Guess they are busy like me...I never got around to posting pics of the new tools I scored the day after the Texas BBQ at Steve's place.

First comes the new compressor and the mobile base I made for it last weekend. I put a metal salad bowl in the cutout to facilitate draining operations. I have room down below for tools or the hose.

Then we have the Jet 1200 cfm dust collector as well as the trash can and cyclone top. I also got several hoses not seen in the pics as well as a few fittings. I have to get the new 220's in the wall soon, hence it not being set up yet.

Then comes the little HF drill press I got. At $20 I couldn't pass it up. I need one every once in awhile and this one will come in very handy until I can get a real one.

Finally, now that the big table is out of the shop (I only got $367 for it on ebay), I got the workbench started with Lamar's help. It's going to be a little over 6' long and will house the air exchanger I am about to build. The squirrel cage awaits!

Kelly C. Hanna
11-06-2004, 8:08 AM
The new workbench was made when we pulled some SYP 2x12's off the deck we finished for a client. The guy had marked off to cut the stringers then chickened out and attached metal stair tread hangers instead. The 2x12's were in pretty good shape so I saved them. Ripped them into 4.5" widths and edge joined 'em. Then we took them to Larry at Hardwood Lumber Company and had them run through the 36" planer sander he has. The legs are made from Douglas Fir posts we had left over. I should have the bench finished this weekend and more pics up by Sunday.

Ted Shrader
11-06-2004, 8:41 AM
Kelly -

Thanks for the pics. The police must have been out looking for donuts when you slipped that one by. :) :) :D

I like the mobile base on the compressor. Good idea with the salad bowl, too.

Regards,
Ted

Brian Hale
11-06-2004, 9:06 AM
Nice additions Kelly! I need a new compressor and have touched those Craftsmans several times. Just not at the top of the Gotahaveit list yet. The base is a good idea.

$20 drill press? Heck, the motor alone is worth that much.

Note to self; Never eat salad at Kelly's house

Brian :D

Charlie Plesums
11-06-2004, 9:25 AM
Nice additions. But what is with the modification to the cyclone separator (aka trash can lid)? You appear to have closed one of the regular openings, and made a new one. I thought that the angle of the entry and exit had to be pretty close so that the air would slow enough to drop the chips, but without turbulence to cause more drop in pressure than absolutely necessary:confused:. A different angle for the hoses would have been convenient on mine, but I didn't dare do it.

Rich Konopka
11-06-2004, 9:30 AM
Looks Good Kelly !! It looks like you made it before the Pic Patrol. Maybe they should use the light for their avatar. Then we can really see them coming.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Looks like a good score Kelly! I think Ted was right.......Tyler and Chris Padilla must have been on a donut run! I like your work bench.

Kelly C. Hanna
11-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Charlie, I didn't make the mods to the cyclone top. Inside it has duct tape and a filler to help the flow. Steve explained that it worked much better this way, so I'm gonna try it and see. Donut run huh? :D:D:D

Tyler Howell
11-06-2004, 12:27 PM
We are counting on the law abiding, civic minded members of this community to police themselves and bring the trouble makers to Justus .
I can see we're going to have to tighten up on everybody!!!!:mad: One bad apple!
Get the mace Chris, and pass me a jelly filled.:D :D :p

Nice haul Kelly Thanks for sharing.;)

Kelly C. Hanna
11-07-2004, 7:54 AM
Thanks Tyler...now I'm gonna be singin' that song "The Tighten Up" all day long!!

Ken, thanks...I hope to finish the skeleton and the top mounting on the bench today. Then I have to divide the compartments and wall it, floor it, etc. Who knows when that will happen...:eek:

Rich I like your idea!

Brian, I got mine very slightly used. It is a great compressor and I can recommend it.