PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Sawstop Article

Brad Wood
03-15-2010, 3:51 PM
I hesitated to put this out there due to the varied emotional response regarding the Sawstop technology.

The article doesn't mention anything about the company trying to get legislation requiring the use of their product. I think that tactic is what soured a lot of peoples opinion of Sawstop, and I sort of agree.

That issue aside, it is interesting that saw manufacturers were initially interested but then backed out. I also find it interesting that they wouldn't be interested in general.

I know most of this is old news, but it has been reignited on the heels of the Ryobi lawsuit last week.

The suspicious side of me ponders if he is behind the lawsuits in some way

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2010/03/sawstop_saw_brake_safety_devic.html

David DeCristoforo
03-15-2010, 4:19 PM
Pleease...let's not start this again! I'm hoping this gets deleted before it turns into another "flame war"...

Mike Archambeau
03-15-2010, 4:25 PM
Brad;

You just wanted to rile the troops up on a quiet Monday! This technology is probably inevitable. Within 5 years every table saw will have it, just like riving knives.

A few more lawsuits with high dollar payouts and the manufacturers will either stop making table saws or get on with adding the technology. I bet Grizzly will be the first to do it. And they will sell a better saw for a better price than Delta and Powermatic. I would not be surprised if Shiraz is already working on a design to bring to market. He will be right where you expect him to be....out front leading the way.

Joe Leigh
03-15-2010, 4:30 PM
Interesting article. And I would say without question that he is behind the lawsuits.

Chris Padilla
03-15-2010, 4:34 PM
Sorry, Folks, but a preemptive strike is necessary here. Every single thread started on this topic has turned out, uh, not so nice. :)