PDA

View Full Version : Auto Cad Users

Brian Robison
03-15-2010, 2:28 PM
Hi all,
I know there are some Auto Cad users here.
I've seen a keyboard overlay with the shortcuts for the F keys.
Any idea where to find a template for this?
I'd like to make a couple for work.

Chris DeGerolamo
03-15-2010, 3:12 PM
Being as that you would be making the overlay, you could just create one from scratch. I have not seen one of those since maybe even r14 or earlier. Surely you would be able to design one that looked a bit more stylish. Besides, all of the functions are on the bottom of the screen also..why should you reinvent the wheel?

Brian Robison
03-15-2010, 3:17 PM
It's faster and easier for ortho and object snap to hit the F keys.
I had stickers on my old keyboard but I'd like to do something that looks better.
Finding a template is a lot faster than making a keyboard overlay from scratch.

Chris DeGerolamo
03-15-2010, 3:31 PM
You could directly engrave OSNAP, ORTHO, GRID, etc. directly onto the keys...

Dan Hintz
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
At one point years and years ago, there was a CAD file buried deep in the bowels of the install with a template... who knows if it still exists.

Ted Calver
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Do it enough and no template is needed...it just gets burned into your motor memory.

Rodne Gold
03-16-2010, 12:50 PM
It shouldnt be difficult to design this , especially with acad - and laser it on thin petg or perhaps rowmark flexibrass
There always used to be a tablet menu drawing on the Acad samples dwgs - you can get icons from that.

Dan Hintz
03-16-2010, 1:20 PM
Rodney,

I think that's the template I'm thinking of... when I first started using CAD in the 80's, these huge tablets were all the rage (and expensive as all get out!), and you treated those plastic templates like they were gold. I think people guarded the templates more heavily than the install discs!

Chris DeGerolamo
03-16-2010, 1:26 PM
I'm sitting next to a GTCO Super LII Plus right now...