PDA

View Full Version : Peter Graves, 83

Mitchell Andrus
03-15-2010, 9:01 AM
Rest in peace, my friend.

If you are about 50 years old you remember "Mission Impossible" as a first-run series. If you've got any sense of comedic timing you never pass "Airplane" in the grid without stopping in for a laugh (and you've got 2 DVD's, one stashed away in a safe place just in case). An actor's actor, able to play for the drama and poke fun at himself, each with ease. He was married to his wife Joan for nearly 60 years.

Roger, Roger, and thank you.

Clifford Mescher
03-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Rest in peace, my friend.

If you are about 50 years old you remember "Mission Impossible" as a first-run series. If you've got any sense of comedic timing you never pass "Airplane" in the grid without stopping in for a laugh (and you've got 2 DVD's, one stashed away in a safe place just in case). An actor's actor, able to play for the drama and poke fun at himself, each with ease. He was married to his wife Joan for nearly 60 years.

Roger, Roger, and thank you.

And if you are about 60 years old you remember "Fury" as a first-run Saturday morning show. Three Stooges, Sky King, Roy Rogers and Fury to kick-start my childhood week-end. Clifford.

Jim Rimmer
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
And if you are about 60 years old you remember "Fury" as a first-run Saturday morning show. Three Stooges, Sky King, Roy Rogers and Fury to kick-start my childhood week-end. Clifford.
My thoughts exactly - Fury was one of my favorites.

Chuck Wintle
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Good evening Mr. Phelps

RIP

Michael O'Sullivan
03-15-2010, 8:24 PM
BTW, I had no idea that he was James Arness' brother

Rory Talkington
03-15-2010, 10:24 PM
I believe his brother (Arness) crossed the beach at Anzio in WW2 and went on to serve in combat. Graves served in the Air Corps. Thanks for your service and God speed hero.

Jim Rimmer
03-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I believe his brother (Arness) crossed the beach at Anzio in WW2 and went on to serve in combat. Graves served in the Air Corps. Thanks for your service and God speed hero.
Another of the great generation gone.

BTW, Marshall Dillon walked with a slight limp because of a WWII wound.

Bill Cunningham
03-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Another of the great generation gone.

BTW, Marshall Dillon walked with a slight limp because of a WWII wound.

Hmmm I though that was Chester? Peter Graves also did some Space TV show (can't remember the name ? Moon Base Alpha)

Gilbert Sanders
03-17-2010, 8:13 PM
Good evening Mr. Phelps. This mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to put civility in Saw Stop discussions. If you should fail in this impossible mission, all tablesaw owners will disavowal posting on SMC and all posts will be remove. Good luck Mr. Phelps.

Note -- this is a joke. Lighten up.

Jim Rimmer
03-17-2010, 8:19 PM
Hmmm I though that was Chester? Peter Graves also did some Space TV show (can't remember the name ? Moon Base Alpha)
Chester (Dennis Weaver) had a wooden leg in the series. Arness had a real limp.

Rod Upfold
03-17-2010, 9:17 PM

OH NO-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dam - I use to watch all those show - even Rin Tin Tin, Gene Autry, Cisco Kid - Oh blast - I dont look that old in the mirror.

Rod

Bill Cunningham
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Want a 'blast from the past' check out this site for old movies/tvshows/radioshows etc..
I've even found shows from the 50's like Space Patrol and Sgt Preston On a sad note, I heard Fess Parker died today.. RIP 'Davey'

http://www.archive.org/details/movies