PDA

View Full Version : savannah members...

John A. Callaway
03-15-2010, 5:13 AM
I guy I work with is a kitchen cabinet builder on the side. He told me this place is a hard wood supplier, and in savannah. I havent checked it out myself yet, but I will probably tuesday....He claims they have maple, walnut, cherry, .... supposedly all of it.

http://www.meyerdeco.com/locations.html

Its around the corner from my house, so I will stop in there when I get baqck in town and find out the scoop....

Joe Shinall
03-15-2010, 9:37 PM
I guy I work with is a kitchen cabinet builder on the side. He told me this place is a hard wood supplier, and in savannah. I havent checked it out myself yet, but I will probably tuesday....He claims they have maple, walnut, cherry, .... supposedly all of it.

http://www.meyerdeco.com/locations.html

Its around the corner from my house, so I will stop in there when I get baqck in town and find out the scoop....

WOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let me know what you find out John. I was told the other day also that Daniel Lumber out in Pooler may have a little bit. A local contractor said he got mahogany and pecan from there about a year ago for a project.

John A. Callaway
03-16-2010, 5:48 PM
I went by there today. The lady told me they have random lengths and widths of walnut, maple, birch, cherry, oak and mahogany... all of it 13/16" thick. Except the mahogany, they also have it in 6/4 and 8/4 thicknesses ... no prices though. She said everything varies, but that you could go into the warehouse and get what you needed....

They are a cabinet supply shop. A national corporation. They also have all sorts of hardware and countertop materials that you find at HD and Lowe's

Randy Carnley
03-17-2010, 12:43 AM
I have bought from them for years. They cater to the cabinet shops. Generally good folks to deal with..

John A. Callaway
03-17-2010, 7:51 PM
yeah they have a bunch of stores scattered about. weird thing is, I used to deliver UPS to them when I drove the brown truck. Never even thought to put two and two together and check them out...

but I will soon.

James Manning
03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
I have been buying from them for over 4 yrs and have been very happy with them. Tiffany is the one you will talk to most of the time, I bug her all the time for price updates on hardwood. I live 75 miles south of them and they have trucks that run delivery routes and comes this way 2 times a week for no charge.........:D They carry most anything you could want for cabinet work from tools to glues, screws, lumber and every type of ply you can think of. Last friday they delivered to my shop door,

100 bf of cherry
4 sheets of 3/4 domestic paint-grade ply (both sides)
1 3/4 door grade MDF

Love em....:D

Joe Shinall
03-21-2010, 10:06 PM
That's great. Should be interesting to see their prices. I will be going in a few weeks maybe to buy some. John, if you go before I do will you post prices? I will if I go before you do. Thanks!

James Manning
03-21-2010, 10:55 PM
I had to show proof of a business to open an account with a tax id, not sure that they will sell to the public per say. Prices are different for every customer, rule of thumb is the more you buy the better the price. I could post my price but then I do not buy as much as a full blown cabinet shop which is who they cater to the most.:)