PDA

View Full Version : JessEm feather board MOD.....

Bill Huber
03-14-2010, 8:55 PM
I love the Jessem feather boards, they work so much better then any other that I have had. They set up very easy and square with the the work like they should be to keep even pressure on the wood all the way though the cut.

The one little problem I had was when I had them on the router table I needed them to be long so I would unscrew the knobs, take the t bolts out and then turn the mount around and put it all back together again.

This was ok but it was like every time I went to use them I had to turn them from long to short, a little pain because I always dropped the knob or washer and then had to fiddle around to find it.

So here is the mod, it was right in my face all the time, just cut the slots out and no more undoing the knobs and taking the bolts out. Just loosen them and pull the feather board out and then put it in the other side. This also works nice when going from the router fence to the table saw.

I just used a little Fat Max saw that I have and cut them straight out and then beveled the open just a little, cleaned it up and that is it.

In most cases they just slide right in, worst case is you have to turn the t bolt to line it up with the slot.

145129 145130

Stephen Edwards
03-15-2010, 8:31 AM
Looks like a great solution, Bill!

Bill Huber
03-15-2010, 7:08 PM
Looks like a great solution, Bill!

It works like a charm, I sent it to JessEm and got an email back and they are going to try it.

Those feather boards rock.!!!!!!!