PDA

View Full Version : Golf Clubs??

Bob Rath
03-14-2010, 8:03 PM
I'm just getting started with my new laser and am amazed at the diversity of uses that the SMC community has put their lasers to work on. As a golfer, I've wondered whether the lasers can be used to mark the top of golf clubs ( drivers and other metal clubs with painted heads). I know that the curvature of some models could pose problems, but if the curvature isn't too bad, is there any reason not to do it? Obviously the lid of the machine would have to be open and fixturing could be tricky but I'm curious to know if others have tried it.

BTW...any other golf related items other than ball marks and divot tools that anyone has done? (CDR files available??)

Your input is appreciated.

Carrol Fleming
03-17-2010, 1:47 AM
Attached is my jig for Golf Tees and Golf Pencils. I cut the jig out of 1/8 acrylic.

I am a sponsor at a school fund raising golf tournament every year, every player gets a couple of wooden tees in the school colours and a pencil. The school crest engrave on the wide part of wooden golf tees with the school name down the tee has definitely brought me a couple of customers!

Carrol