PDA

View Full Version : Threads with Multiple pages

Jay Runde
03-14-2010, 1:26 AM
Is there a way that when a thread have multiple pages to have the page numbers show next to the thread subject. I am on a couple of a forums that uses vBulletin, and they have the page numbers show. It makes it more convenient to get into the later pages of the thread rather than have to go to the first page then to the page you want.

Keith Outten
03-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Jay,

Welcome to The Creek and thanks for your support this year.

Threads with multiple pages have every page link for the thread at the top and the bottom of every page in the thread. You don't have to go to the first page to continue to the next page.

Our server administrator Aaron Koehl can edit our software to put the page links anywhere on a page I guess but it he is busy right now working on the new Friends of The Creek module and has other projects backed up for months. His next project will be the completion of our new server install and software upgrades we really need to get done ASAP.

We will keep your suggestion in mind for future projects.

Thanks,
Keith

Jay Runde
03-14-2010, 1:28 PM
Well, that is not what I am talking about. I have uploaded a screen shot of the other forum. If you look, you can see the number of pages in the thread when you go into each forum after the thread title.

Brian Effinger
03-14-2010, 1:56 PM
Jay, I'm not sure if it is something that has to be turned on in the User CP, but I can see multiple pages after after the thread title. Take a look at the General forum: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3). There are several threads on the first page with 2 or more pages.

Tom Veatch
03-14-2010, 4:31 PM
+1 with Brian. I see a multipage icon following the ""Warning, graphic photos!" Handheld router accident (Stupid)" thread in the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum that looks exactly like those in the screen shot.

Check your option setting in the UserCP, especially the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page". If you have a large number selected, perhaps there are few threads that exceed that number so most threads are considered single page threads per your settings. I had 40 set and saw only a few page indicators. After resetting to "Forum Default", page indicators are showing all over the place. "Linear" vs "Threaded" or "Hybrid" display mode may have an effect also. I didn't check that.

Jay Runde
03-14-2010, 6:43 PM
After changing the thread display mode to linear from hybrid and now am able to see the page numbers being displayed.

Keith Outten
03-14-2010, 6:51 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I missed the problem altogether.

tyler mckee
03-14-2010, 6:57 PM
yup, just click on 'display modes" right above the post # in a thread and switch to linear mode. You have to change it back every time you log in/out.

edit, didn't know you can change it in your user CP and save the setting.