PDA

View Full Version : Pics For Mike and small almost gloat

Peter Quinn
03-13-2010, 8:32 PM
This week I picked up a never used, 10 year old steff maggi stock feeder for $650, which seemed a very fair price on an item in pristine condition. Maybe a little surface rust, but otherwise perfect. The tires have never had stock run under them. Its a 4 speed 4 wheel unit. I say almost gloat because the circumstances of the sale leaves me a bit sad. The gentleman was selling equipment for his elderly father, a retired wood worker, who was building a shop for working in his retirement years, when he had a stroke and could no longer work. He is now on a fixed income and having to sell the tools he meant to leave to his son.

Well, here are some pics of the feeder, and I thought I'd multi task and post a few pics of my back fence set up for Mike at the same time, being its the same tool. Can't wait to make some sawdust with the minimax setup this spring. I just got the 3 phase wired last month and haven't done much more than test it. Initial testing says WOW.

Mike, my back fence for 6/4 to 8/4 material is pictured. Some PSA sandpaper, chunk of wood thinner than the stock to be processed by at least 1/4", a swipe of wax, a few clamps. Very low tech but effective. I've used the fences as pressure plates (holding the stock to the back fence) for small material with a similar set up at work, though I find its not usually necessary with thicker stock.

Mike Heidrick
03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Thank you!!!

And YOU SOOOO SUCK on that Maggi deal. I want a 4 wheel Maggi as my next feeder!!

Peter Quinn
03-14-2010, 1:09 PM
What i really wanted was a 4 wheel vari feed, or one of those Griggio feeders that articulate for curved work, but this one suits my needs quite nicely. It is a fair amount larger than the three wheel feeders and dwarfs my little shaper. It would look right at home on a monster like yours!

Mike Cruz
03-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, THAT Mike.... :D I was trying to figure out what I had asked you about...:confused: