PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic Jointer Value

Paul Ryan
03-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I have a lead on a 8" powermatic 60 jointer that is 25 years old. What would be a decent price on the machine. I have already realized I am not going to be able to steal it from the seller. I have been milling it over for a couple of days now, and he rejected my low ball offer. I would be willing to pay decent money for it but the fact that it is a 1985 model bothers me a little. I have yet to look at it because I haven't come up with price I am willing to pay, and it is a fare distance away. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Schwartz
03-13-2010, 3:05 PM
I paid 800 for my PM60 of a similar vintage, but it was set up in place by the previous tenant of my shop space.

The machine has worked out well and I recently placed an order for a Shelix cutterhead upgrade, and even with that I am still below the cost of a new PM60 jointer.

matt swiderski
03-13-2010, 6:03 PM
I think I paid $400 for mine. But he said he wasn't getting any other interest in it (Probably because he listed it as a joiner). His loss, my gain. I'm also getting ready to put a byrd head in mine, grand total in the machine will be $800.:D