PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone with a Nordic catalog?

Larry Edgerton
03-13-2010, 7:05 AM
I am working 240 miles from home and my Nordic catalog is at home. I am looking for a large router bit to do some detail on some curved work on the restoration I am doing. Their site does not have a search function.

What I am after is what I refer to as a reverse Ogee bit, in other words if you think of the profile of a Ogee raised panel bit, I need the curves reversed, the inside radius of the cutter close to the bearing, and the ouside radius at the outside.

The bit needs to do an ogee on 1" stock with a full profile, and reach in 1" as well, Kind of a lazy ogee, so a 2 1/2" diameter bit assuming a 1/2" bearing.

If I can not find a stock cutter I will have to have knives made and take a trip home to do it on the shaper, a money loser for sure.

And if someone should have such an animal I would gladly rent it from you. I only have to run 15' of stock for this detail, so it is an expensive proposition per foot.

The people that built this house 130 years ago were masters of trim detail. Their proportions are perfect, but I am racking up a fortune in custom cutters. The wood the old trim was made from was perfect, all old growth straight grain, always cut so that grain orientation was perfect for the application of that particular molding. A different time.

I hate being away from home!

Thanks, Larry