PDA

View Full Version : HF 105" band saw blades

Myk Rian
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Has anyone used these? You can get all 4 for about $15.
Not sure I like the "carbide impregnated" blade, but what the heck. Cheap price. Could be one of the HF sleeper deals.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?f=bylogo&logourl=SuperCut%20B%26W.gif&brand=Supercut

Karl Card
03-12-2010, 10:18 PM
the thing i found out with some of the blades is the length. When I go to buy them from menards, hf, hd, lowes and especially rural king I have to measure them because they are usually 1/4 inch longer than needed. On a larger bandsaw that may not hurt anything but on my 9 inch ryobi it is the difference between being able to use it and not. So far rural king is the worst, however.

Joe Wiliams
03-13-2010, 1:54 AM
Made in the USA too:eek:

Marty Paulus
03-13-2010, 6:39 AM
If you get them let us know how they work. Worst case is you would have some cheap blades to use in questionable stock.

James Carmichael
03-13-2010, 6:46 AM
I tried the SuperCut carbide-impregnated (not from HF) a few years ago. I got what I paid for.

Maybe they've improved. I guess at least they'd be good for breaking down pallet boards.

Curt Harms
03-13-2010, 7:38 AM
They seem comparable to Timberwolf & Lenox flexback as far as cut quality. Supercut sells metal cutting bands through Harbor Freight as well. Their web site is www(.)supercutbandsaw(.)com. I don't cut material that's hard on blades like teak to judge durability. And yes, they're apparently made in Rathdrum, Idaho.

Edit: on the 1/2" blade, I hope the text is right and the picture is wrong. The pic is a metal cutting blade.

Myk Rian
03-13-2010, 1:51 PM
I ordered them, so I'll report back when I get them.

Myk Rian
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
They seem comparable to Timberwolf & Lenox flexback as far as cut quality. Supercut sells metal cutting bands through Harbor Freight as well. Their web site is www(.)supercutbandsaw(.)com. I don't cut material that's hard on blades like teak to judge durability. And yes, they're apparently made in Rathdrum, Idaho.

Edit: on the 1/2" blade, I hope the text is right and the picture is wrong. The pic is a metal cutting blade.
The blades were delivered today. The 1/2" is indeed a 3tpi blade. They all LOOK like pretty good material. I'll get the 1/2" installed and try it out.
It looks like HF is out of the 1/2" blades now. Here's a link to the manufacturers page. http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/hawcpro.html

Jeff Willard
03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, I don't know if it's supposed to or not, but it doesn't handle the core of a bowling ball very well.

Myk Rian
03-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, I don't know if it's supposed to or not, but it doesn't handle the core of a bowling ball very well.
LOL. Probably not on the recommended cut list.

I sliced some pine, walnut, and maple with it. 1/32" came out flat and about as smooth as my TW blades. Certainly not glueup quality, but the cuts are straight.

I then took a 7 1/2" log of cherry that I've been drying since last summer and cut it in half, then made a couple 1" wide slabs. It did pretty well. About the same speed as the TW did, with no cupping. For $5 I'm impressed. Too bad HF doesn't have them listed now. I would buy more.

Jeff Willard
03-25-2010, 9:51 PM
I guess as long as you don't see any smoke...:eek: