PDA

View Full Version : MM16 Owners near CT?

Mike Archambeau
03-12-2010, 6:43 PM
Any MM16 owners in or near CT? Given all the positive things written about this saw....it is tempting to get one. But hesistant to buy one sight unseen....GA is a loooong waaaaay to go to see a saw.

Peter Quinn
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Have you checked with MM themselves for an owner near you? Most Euro brands have happy users that will show their product. Also the Yahoo MM users group is pretty active. There is a little admission process, but its a great place to ask users about the product and get honest answers. Factory reps also respond to the users group, which can be helpful.

Jim Becker
03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree with Peter, Mike. Call MM and get some local references. They will usually contact the owner first to verify it's ok for you to get in touch with them. Many times I've been asked to show one or more pieces of my MM equipment to a prospective buyer.

Robert Snowden
03-13-2010, 4:48 AM
Is there a site to see the mm eqip? i need a new saw so shoping around.

Peter Stahl
03-13-2010, 7:02 AM
do a search for minimax usa

Ken Fitzgerald
03-13-2010, 9:00 AM
http://www.minimax-usa.com/

Mike Archambeau
03-13-2010, 9:10 AM
I agree with Peter, Mike. Call MM and get some local references. They will usually contact the owner first to verify it's ok for you to get in touch with them. Many times I've been asked to show one or more pieces of my MM equipment to a prospective buyer.

Jim;

I exchanged messages with Erik at MM tis week. He told me that they are a direct sales outfit and they do all their selling out of GA. He made no mention of anything else. He does know that my interest was limited the the MM16.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-13-2010, 9:14 AM
Mike,

I bought my MM-16 sight unseen. I am a little leery of doing something like that but there were enough folks here that owned them that I finally felt comfortable enough doing it. I have been completely satisfied.

I would though...contact them and find someone close by that will let you see it.