PDA

View Full Version : Lowes worker does good

Paul Brinkmeyer
03-11-2010, 7:05 PM
I needed some plywood for a laser project, and as I only have a hand saw and Lowes has this really neat plywood saw, I asked them to cut a 4' X 8' sheet into 24" X 18" sections for me. ( I was in a hurry and Lowes is really close)

I was told that the first 4 cuts are free, then I would have to pay.
First he cut it in half. Stacked the 2 parts and cut in half again. At this point the "wood specialty shop" I usually use calls this is 3 cuts. Lowes called it 2.

Then he stacked them again and made the next 2 cuts, thru 4 layers of wood each. AND he called that only 2 more cuts,
Again the wood specialty shop I go to usually calls this 8 more cuts for a total of 11 cuts and chages for every one.

Lowes called it 4 cuts, and said have a good day.

I just had to ask for the store manager before I left and tell him he has a very good employee in the wood area.
You never know when something good will popup, and I thought I would share the good deed here too.

Roger Newby
03-11-2010, 7:19 PM
Every once in awhile you find a gem among the dirt clods ;) I've had more positive results at Lowes than HD or Menards.....don't know if it's company policy or what, but Lowes has always been higher on the food chain.:D

Sandy Smith
03-11-2010, 8:33 PM
Yes, Lowes gets my dollars.

Their car goes in circles faster too.

Paul Steiner
03-11-2010, 9:47 PM
Lowes is closer to my house and that is where i usually go. But at both stores there are a few guys that are helpful and knowledgable, I by pass others and go straight to them. I have got to know a few and it has saved me some money, they let me know when things are going to clearance in advance.

Zach England
03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
The other day I wanted to have a key duplicated and the kid at lowes said the guy who knows how to work the machine was not there so I should come back the next day. When I offered to work the machine and duplicate my own key he said he'd get in trouble for that.

Jim Rimmer
03-12-2010, 2:07 PM
The other day I wanted to have a key duplicated and the kid at lowes said the guy who knows how to work the machine was not there so I should come back the next day. When I offered to work the machine and duplicate my own key he said he'd get in trouble for that.
I think he probably did the right thing. I'm sure he would get in trouble if he let you run the machine and at least he was upfront and told you he would only mess up the key and you would have to come back any way. Probably not the result you wanted but my guess the best answer in the circumstances.