PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust - is it dead?

Belinda Barfield
03-11-2010, 1:48 PM
I have the Central Machinery 1 H Mini that came with the laser. It is a little over three years old. Worked great yesterday. Doesn't work at all today. Checked breaker, switched outlets, check connections of power cord to switch - still won't work. It does nothing when I flip the switch. Any other suggestions, or is it time for it to move on to that great junkyard in the sky (the one where it only has to exhaust fresh, sweet smelling air and not burnt acrylic fumes)?

Doug Griffith
03-11-2010, 1:58 PM
I have the Central Machinery 1 H Mini that came with the laser. It is a little over three years old. Worked great yesterday. Doesn't work at all today. Checked breaker, switched outlets, check connections of power cord to switch - still won't work. It does nothing when I flip the switch. Any other suggestions, or is it time for it to move on to that great junkyard in the sky the one where it only has to exhaust fresh, sweet smelling air and not burnt acrylic fumes)?

If it's the cheapo red one from Harbor Freight, it could be your brushes. I posted a thread about replacements not that long ago.

Belinda Barfield
03-11-2010, 2:42 PM
Thanks for the reply Doug. After I posted I thought to check the brushes (duh-huh). That was the problem. :o

Chuck Stone
03-11-2010, 2:43 PM
I have the same one. I had to take apart the switch and clean the sawdust
out of it.
That's one problem of having a laser in a wood shop. :eek:

Belinda Barfield
03-11-2010, 3:07 PM
I have the same one. I had to take apart the switch and clean the sawdust
out of it.
That's one problem of having a laser in a wood shop. :eek:

Build it a house Chuck! :)