PDA

View Full Version : Anchorseal ?

Roland Martin
03-11-2010, 8:47 AM
As most of you know, I'm pretty new to turning & want to order sealer for green wood. There is Anchorseal, Anchorseal 2 and WoodSealer @ Craft Supply. It seems though I only hear you guys talking about Anchorseal. It looks like the WoodSealer @ Craft Supply is less money. Is this an inferior product to Anchorseal? I'd like to get some feedback on sealers before I order some, I can't think of a better place to get more knowledgeable info.
Thanks.

Bernie Weishapl
03-11-2010, 9:49 AM
Roland I have used a gallon of WoodSealer but I went back to anchorseal. I just ordered the anchorseal 2. I used anchorseal all of the time before but ran out so picked up the Woodsealer at Woodcraft while in Denver because they were out of anchorseal. When I got low on the woodsealer I ordered some more anchorseal. I coated several blanks of oak and maple using both.The blanks with woodsealer had cracks in them where the anchorseal did not. I don't know if I did something wrong when applying it or it was the product but haven't used it again.

Roland Martin
03-11-2010, 1:02 PM
Once bitten, twice shy! Just the kind of info I was looking for Bernie. From previous posts, it looks like the Anchoseal 2 will replace the original, I guess I'll order that also.
Thanks a bunch Bernie.

Joseph M Lary
03-11-2010, 5:45 PM
You can buy it form uccoatings.com they will sell it direct, my brother-in-law turning club buys it in 5 gallon buckes they split it up with the club . When I finish with what I have Im going it get the 5 gallon bucket.

Bernie Weishapl
03-11-2010, 5:56 PM
I also ordered the 5 gal pal. Figured it would save me money in the long run.

William Bachtel
03-11-2010, 6:15 PM
Call l-800-end coat That be anchorseal. I use l5 or more gallons a year, and it gets my vote.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-11-2010, 6:30 PM
Roland,

I ordered it direct. Another local turner and I shared the cost and the anchorseal.

Joseph M Lary
03-11-2010, 7:11 PM
The last time I look it was about 65 or 70 for a 5 gal bucket and i beleave that was shipped . The last gallon I bought was 20 or 21 for a wood store .

Skip Spaulding
03-11-2010, 9:27 PM
If you are coating much 5 gal. is the way to go, also if you use DNA its is much cheaper by the 5 gal. pail.

Steve Vaughan
03-11-2010, 9:34 PM
where's the best place to get the 5 gal. dna? Would local paint stores be a good, maybe best, source? Thanks.

Brian George
03-12-2010, 1:48 AM
Our club bot a 55 gallon container of it with an additive for not freezing in the cold weather. We sold it to the members for $40.00 for 5 gallons in their container. We will probably do it again this year and have to raise the price to $50.00 for the five gallons. s I understnd the difference, Anchorseal is a new formulation using a different chemical but getting the same results.
www.uccoatings.com. They are great people to work with...

Roland Martin
03-12-2010, 7:59 AM
Thanks for all your input on the Anchorseal. I just ordered a 2-gallon bucket from UC Coatings, Anchoseal 2 for $44.25, free shipping, thanks for the link Brian.