PDA

View Full Version : Good reason?

greg sprouls
03-11-2010, 7:51 AM
Please remove

Richard Dragin
03-11-2010, 9:59 AM
This is one of the dumber premises for a thread I have seen lately. Why don't you take you Tea Party garbage to the off topic forum where it belongs.

John Pratt
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Easy now.... This thread should disappear VERY quickly with posts like that.

Myk Rian
03-11-2010, 10:04 AM
This ought to be a lively thread.

Erik Christensen
03-11-2010, 10:05 AM
man there are some really grouchy folks on this board sometimes.... don't think greg was trying to make any kind of political point just trying to be amusing - which apparently failed in at least one instance

greg - tool acquisition needs no excuse, rationale or justification - you have the $$$ and want it - get it - is this a great country or what??

Ken Shoemaker
03-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Richard, Richard......:o I think he's fishing (joking) for a reason to buy tools, not making a political statement.

Either way, I don't hurt to be nice.

Richard Dragin
If this isn't a political topic I don't know what is. Try bringing up religion and see how grouchy I get.

Terry Hatfield
man there are some really grouchy folks on this board sometimes.... don't think greg was trying to make any kind of political point just trying to be amusing - which apparently failed in at least one instance

greg - tool acquisition needs no excuse, rationale or justification - you have the $$$ and want it - get it - is this a great country or what??

+1 for what Erik said.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Folks...you are right. This thread is being carefully watched.

I think by the rolling eyes....the OP was joking....and probably looking for an excuse to buy new tools.

Ron Jackson
03-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I too, agree with Eric.......so, just take another sip of coffee and smell the sawdust. Like someone's signature says "If you're not making dust, you're collecting it".

Buy the tools.....It's a good excuse.

Neil Brooks
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
My shop is in one corner of the basement.

Being that I live in Northern Colorado -- notorious for expansive soil, and subsidence problems -- I've been thinking that I should expand the shop to more _evenly_ cover the slab.

I was going to buy more tools ... just to better weight the foundation of my house.

So ... yeah ... your justification works, too ;)

Richard Dragin
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Greg PM,d and said he didn't mean anything political so I take him at his word. I guess I over reacted and am just very sensitive to people trying to interject their personal beliefs where it isn't appropriate