PDA

View Full Version : copyright question

Jani Pedersen
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I've just read the sticky about the dvd of the files listed on here in the past, are we able to use these without risk of falling foul of copyright ?

I know that they've been posted by the people who have made the items - so this may mean that by doing so they've given permission, but I'm a bit worried about buying something to use without the creators full consent.

Where do we stand with regards to this ?

Thanks,

Dan Hintz
03-11-2010, 6:39 AM
If it was created by someone here and posted (and is now on the DVD), you're free to use it. If something was posted that already holds a copyright, and Keith didn't catch it (highly possible considering how busy he is), you could run afoul of the law. You'll have to make a judgment call.

Keith Outten
03-11-2010, 6:43 AM
Jani,

Pictures, files and drawings that are uploaded to our Forums remain the property of the person who shares the attachments.

Should you want to use a file attachment for a commercial purpose you need to contact the owner and receive permission unless it was granted in the thread it was attached to or the file is in the public domain.

Dan Hintz
03-11-2010, 6:46 AM
My bad, Keith... I thought you had worked the TOS to enable free use of anything that was posted to the board (though copyright remained with original creator).

Jani Pedersen
03-11-2010, 3:10 PM
Thanks Keith.