PDA

View Full Version : shop under construction pics

Karl Card
03-10-2010, 9:39 PM
Here are a few pics of my shop. They are nasty I will tell you that now.. but I kind of felt I needed to show that I actually do have some sort of shop and like you all say "no pics it didnt happen"...lol

I have had to tear everything down due to making new benches, repositioning tools and have added in past week, 60 gl compressor, 2 2hp dust collectors with cyclone, rikon lathe, have to make a home for the 8" jointer/planer, have to relocate wood, and just a whole redo of the basement. The washer and dryer are going upstairs so that I get the whole basement now.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/kwcard/

Chris Padilla
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Have fun!!

Karl Card
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
I tell ya, i go down there and i look and I just get "lost". I hate redundancy but I have a feeling it is going to be there anyway. I am also trying to get stuff moved and cleaned up so i can paint the wall white or off white. Then I have plans to insulate ceiling and just move in a positive direction one step at a time. Honestly I think I expanded to quick, but when you find good deals on tools you must grab fast...lol I havent been doing this hobby for a year yet..

Mike Zilis
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Karl,

Nice use of the overhead space for lumber storage. You've got quite a nice selection of material in your shop.

-Mike

Allen Schmid
03-11-2010, 7:38 PM
Karl nice photos...really like the cutting board you have there. What is the wood combination? Good luck on the overhaul of the space.
Allen

Karl Card
03-11-2010, 8:47 PM
that cutting board has purpleheart, teak, curly maple, a rosewood that i forgot the name of.

I really enjoy using different colors of wood and such. I made one of red heart and curly maple at christmas time and it looks just like a huge piece of candy.

Chris Padilla
03-12-2010, 4:44 PM
a rosewood that i forgot the name of.

Kingwood, perhaps?