PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Lines in wood engraving

Barbara Buhse
03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone, took a very long vacation (about a year) but now that I'm "back" I am finding a few problems with my engraver. Haven't used it much so suspect it might need a little maintenance, but I am getting horizontal lines in the engraving, where it seems the laser is not firing. Also on the edges you can see its "serrated" when i vector something. So obviously it seems to be skipping lines. Now I have a project I need to finish by tomorrow, and I am not sure how to fix it. I cleaned the lenses, not sure what else to do?
Pleaaase don't tell me the tube is going....
Thanks, hope to be back on here a lot more now that I am engraving again.

Dave Johnson29
03-10-2010, 2:40 PM
suspect it might need a little maintenance, but I am getting horizontal lines in the engraving, where it seems the laser is not firing. Also on the edges you

Hi Barbara,

Welcome back but a pic will be a great deal of help. There are lines and then there are lines. If the axis is jumping then there will be white lines. If it is an artifact of resizing then there will be shaded lines.

A pic will enable us to zoom in on the problem. Help us help you.

Dean Flannery
03-11-2010, 8:42 AM
Hi Barbara,

What is the make and model of your laser engraver ?

Dean

Frank Corker
03-11-2010, 4:17 PM
Going back on previous posts she has an Epilog 35 watt. if the problem has occured recently or after you have been doing a spot of cleaning, the encoder strip on your laser may have become dirty. Have a look at the manual for your model and try giving that a clean, it is a quick simple check and worth doing. When mine experienced the line skip it turned out to be that. However you are not really giving much of a description for your problem and without that information we could all guess until the cows come home as to what the problem is.

Viktor Voroncov
03-12-2010, 2:55 AM
If problem looks like this - be ready for big $ :( this is tube problem.
Just got Synrad from repair...