PDA

View Full Version : Laser Masking

Todd Schwartz
03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Looking for suggestions on masking material for Baltic Birch.

I just finished off a couple rolls of paper masking that worked well. Stuck to the unfinished Baltic birch, but still was easy enough to remove. Unfortunately they have been around long enough that I do not remember where I got them.

Started to use a roll from LaserBits that I have had around for awhile and it does not stick at all to unfinished wood. Calls to them have gone unreturned - is my experience with the LaserBits mask material unusual?

Would really appreciate recommendations for 6" and 12" wide masking material for lasering unfinished wood.

Thanks,

Todd

Rodne Gold
03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Any sign supply house will have what's called "application tape" , get the paper based one. They come in different Tackinesses as well. You should be able to get a variety of widths.

Dan Hintz
03-09-2010, 6:24 AM
For bare wood, do not get anything less than the medium tack.

Bill Cunningham
03-09-2010, 9:43 PM
I just got a roll of High tack from my signmaker neighbor. She usually gave me all her roll ends, but since she installed her big Mimaki printer she has been cutting less vinyl, so I got her to order me in a 12" wide roll.. I think it was about $45.00 It will probably last me for a few years..