PDA

View Full Version : Pendant Chuck II

Mike Golka
03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Well this past Sunday I spent an hour or so building a pendant chuck based on my previous trial and incorperated the new idea of indexing. Here is the result. The pendant is not very good, made from scap with cracks but it does demonstrate the indexed circles I can do.

Steve Schlumpf
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Looks like you got that pendant thing figured out! Really nice effect with all the detail work!

John Keeton
03-09-2010, 6:41 AM
Now, I like that one!!! Very nice effect on the design - sort of reminds me of the toy the kids used to have - Spirograph, I believe. That would make a neat inlay design with filled grooves.

Jeff Nicol
03-09-2010, 7:31 AM
I know there are these sort of things on the market, but it is always more fun and way less expensive to do it on your own. I may have some more free time to do some of this kind of stuff now. I still like creating and trying to find the right design for things that may turn into the one invention that everyone wants one of! I just need to work on a smaller scale sometimes.

Great project and looks to work well,

Jeff

Allen Neighbors
03-09-2010, 7:47 AM
Mike, that's really cool. Do you have a tutorial, or another post on this jig/chuck, that explains how it works? I would really like to make one of these. Or----- have you considered making these to sell?

Scott Lux
03-09-2010, 8:33 AM
That's a winner! Nice work on the pendant too.

Bernie Weishapl
03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks good Mike. Really nice pendant.

Joshua Dinerstein
03-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Mike, that's really cool. Do you have a tutorial, or another post on this jig/chuck, that explains how it works? I would really like to make one of these. Or----- have you considered making these to sell?
I would love more details as well. Would like to try my turn at making this type of chuck arrangement and turning some of my own.

Thanks,
Joshua

Mike Golka
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Joshua and Allen I have been asked by Woodturning Design Magazine to submit an article on my chuck.:D They think something this easy to construct may be worthy of some type:eek:. Still waiting to get the package from them but in the process of doing the article a tutorial may evolve:rolleyes:. Two birds with one stone so to speak.;)
Thanks to everyone else for your kind words.

gary Zimmel
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I too would love to see a tutorial on this Mike.
Good luck on getting something published on it.

Baxter Smith
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Very interesting. Good job on both the chuck and the pendant.

Brian Effinger
03-09-2010, 1:50 PM
Joshua and Allen I have been asked by Woodturning Design Magazine to submit an article on my chuck.:D They think something this easy to construct may be worthy of some type:eek:. Still waiting to get the package from them but in the process of doing the article a tutorial may evolve:rolleyes:. Two birds with one stone so to speak.;)
Cool chuck. It looks like a great solution.
And congratulations on the article interest. I hope to be reading it in the near future. :)

James Combs
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM

Any Progress on a tutorial??

Paul Douglass
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I subscribe to WoodTurning Design. I'm waiting for the article.

Mike Minto
05-14-2010, 9:22 AM
got enough lathe there to hold that chuck steady? :p

Mike Wenman
08-27-2010, 8:39 PM
So Mike,

Were you able to get a tutorial together for this???

James Roberts
08-28-2010, 4:48 PM
Mike, I'm looking forward to the article in Woodturning Design (I subscribe as well). That is just too neat!

Christopher K. Hartley
08-28-2010, 8:11 PM
I haven't had much time the past few days but I have been trying to do a quick read every day. When I saw this I had to stop. I like a number of the others would appreciate additional info or a tutorial on building this jig if you would be so kind. Great idea and I like what you have done with it,:)