PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Epilog and a Router

Duane Parcells
03-08-2010, 8:14 PM
Hi

I have been running my EXT Legend on a crossover cable directly from the network card. I changed over to a router and a regular cable. Gave the laser a new ip and install as a printer. I can ping the laser via cmd and it responds. No print jobs are making it to the laser. Any suggestions. Epilogs install instructions are for direct connection on a crossover cable only.
Any help appreciated.
Duane

Jeanette Brewer
03-09-2010, 10:15 AM
The fastest way to an answer would be to call Tech Support at (303)215-9171 ... or email tech at epiloglaser dot com

Greg Bednar
03-09-2010, 10:22 AM
This should be the solution to all your problems. And thank you again Anthony! http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=1033017&postcount=15

Roy Brewer
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I can ping the laser via cmd and it responds. No print jobs are making it to the laser. Any suggestions. Epilogs install instructions are for direct connection on a crossover cable only.Duane,

There is no difference between crossover and through router(as far as setup instructions go). Based on your details, 1st thing I'd try is to turn the laser off and ping again. If it still responds, then obviously you've got another device at that location which is accepting jobs from the queue (and probably wondering "what the heck is this").

If it doesn't ping, I'd go to File>properties of the print queue and confirm that you do not have Work Offline checked.

Michael Hunter
03-09-2010, 2:25 PM
Has your router got a firewall built-in?

I had to specifically set my router's firewall to allow local traffic between devices on my own network.

donald bugansky
03-09-2010, 4:08 PM
Just a couple of things.

Your firewall should not have any impact since you are behind the DMZ, so no ports (on the router) should be an issue as it relates to firewall. I assume you are just connecting to the router via 4-port switching.

Di you ensure you don't have another device with the same ip on the network? I assume you are using the same subnet? Same workgroup?

Why did you change the ip on the laser? Direct connect or through router (switch) should be same network configuration, no?

If you like, I can remote into your machine and make the adjustments for you.

Crossover cable shouldn't be an issue as most modern network devices auto-reconize and adjust.

Let me know how I can help. Bugs