View Full Version : Faucet question

Joel Goodman
03-08-2010, 7:35 PM
I have a single handle kitchen faucet that drips unless the handle is pushed a little to the side. It's a cheap "price phister" or something like that. Is this something that might be fixed by readjusting the handle (which is attached by an allen head screw) or do I need a new cartridge for the faucet? If a new cartridge then do I have to pull the faucet from the sink or does it drop in from the top? Any experience with this problem out there? Thanks!!

Jay Jolliffe
03-08-2010, 8:00 PM
Without knowing the model it might drop in from top. Make sure you shut off the hot & cold water to the faucet. I've changed a few & their under the cap.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2010, 8:04 PM

Most of the ones I have worked on...you remove the handle...then a domed chromed nut comes off and the cartridge is under that.

Clarence Miller
03-08-2010, 8:05 PM
I'm not a plumber but if it is anything like the lever on my kitchen faucet there are o-rings in there that can be replaced. Is the water that drips hot or cold? If your luck is anything like mine you may be well ahead just to replace the whole thing. I had a drippy shower, changed washers (worked for a couple days), changed valves (worked about a week and a half), tried to change the seats and stripped it out (I was assisted by lime build up but hey) then I finally changed the whole unit out for 24.95 (which was about 6 bucks less than all the parts I had exchanged previously). It's been over a year no drips. I could complain about it but at least I kept occupied for a couple evenings.:D

Joel Goodman
03-08-2010, 9:08 PM
Thanks for the info!

Peter Stahl
03-09-2010, 1:43 AM
Get the model# and go to their web site and see if there is any info or manual for it.

Rich Stewart
03-09-2010, 9:26 PM
Pull the o-rings out and try stretching the spring under them. There are kits available.