PDA

View Full Version : TS alignment

Chuck Isaacson
03-08-2010, 9:25 AM
I GOT IT!!!! After two weeks and several hours of messin with it, I finally have my TS aligned with a thou. I called General and they said that I should leave it all put together and adjust it that way. I just loosened three of the bolts and gave it a little tappy tap and it went right in. Call me nuts, but I think that it made a difference. It was out going away from the fence and I could see it pulling away form the fence. I was cutting cherry last night and it went right through perfect with no burning. It was awesome. Glad to be done with that.

As for tools that I was using to align, I was using the Superbar. I personally would recommend using a different tool than that. I think that Woodpeckers (http://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html)tool would be a better choice. I just did not get that warm fuzzy when using the Superbar. Didn't like the bar that fit in the miter slot. It attached fine, just did not like the way that it slid in the slot. They are about the same price. If you have to do this yourself, and it starts to piss you off, just walk away and take a breath. It worked for me.

Lee Schierer
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM
You won't regret aligning your saw. It makes the cuts better and less sanding and clean up. I couldn't believe the difference in my saw when I finally checked it and aligned it.

Tom Hintz
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I'll second the happiness you will get from a properly aligned table saw. Aside from the obvious safety part of it, you get to see how it really can perform. Since I started using good tools to align my table saws I am able to tell when my blades are beginning to get dull and when they need to be cleaned.
I also like the Woodpeckers Saw Gauge a bunch and have a review of it (photos and video) at the link below for those who are not familiar with it. Once again the guys at Woodpeckers did their homework.

Woodpeckers Saw Gauge Review (http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wdpktsgagervu.html)

Terry Hatfield
03-08-2010, 2:04 PM
OK, I'm convinced. I just ordered one. Between Tom's review and the little video clip, I'm on the hook.

t