PDA

View Full Version : Smilla Enlarger

Sandy Henry
03-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I've downloaded this free software for enlarging bmps & cannot figure out how to install it. Can anyone help?

James Jaragosky
03-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I've downloaded this free software for enlarging bmps & cannot figure out how to install it. Can anyone help?
Just unzip it and run it from it's folder. It does not install.
You can make a shortcut for the desktop for simplicity.

Dee Gallo
03-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Sandy- that bothered me me too at first, but I found you have to leave it in the folder for it to work. I tried to leave the program icon on the desktop, but it would not run that way. Just leave the whole folder intact, and you have to go through the several clicks to get to the program. Open it and it's weird - you drag your photo onto the "sample photo" window to place it. Then you can make your adjustments. It's a strange program, but for what it does, it's okay. It's helped me more than a few times.

cheers, dee

Larry Bratton
03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Sandy- that bothered me me too at first, but I found you have to leave it in the folder for it to work. I tried to leave the program icon on the desktop, but it would not run that way. Just leave the whole folder intact, and you have to go through the several clicks to get to the program. Open it and it's weird - you drag your photo onto the "sample photo" window to place it. Then you can make your adjustments. It's a strange program, but for what it does, it's okay. It's helped me more than a few times.

cheers, dee
Dee:
You don't have to drag the file into it if you don't want to. You can also Copy and Paste and you can also choose the file to open by clicking Open and navigating to the folder/file you want. You can create a shortcut on your desktop to it by Right clicking in the desktop, choose New/ Shortcut then navigate to the folder and the start program (the one with the image of the dog). The one that is labeled with CL is for use in a Command Line. This thing does a good job especially for FREE.

Sandy Henry
03-08-2010, 1:00 AM
I figured it out last night. Tried a couple of my own files & it worked well. Thanks for your help!