PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Mario Rodriguez FWW desk

Russell Tribby
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I think it was within the last year that I read an article that Mario Rodriguez wrote for FWW. The article detailed the building of a writing desk that was simple but very elegant. I think it was made of mahogany and had a bead detail around the skirt. Is this sounding familiar to anyone? I haven't had any luck searching FWW site.

Mike Henderson
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I have the FWW digital archive. I searched on "Mario Rodriguez" from 2000 to 2009 and don't see any article on a desk. Are you sure it was Mario Rodriguez and not someone else who wrote the article?

There's a writing desk in issue 176 by Mark Edmundson (I think I spelled that right).

Mike

Russell Tribby
03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I have the FWW digital archive. I searched on "Mario Rodriguez" from 2000 to 2009 and don't see any article on a desk. Are you sure it was Mario Rodriguez and not someone else who wrote the article?

There's a writing desk in issue 176 by Mark Edmundson (I think I spelled that right).

Mike

Thanks for checking Mike. Your query made me rethink where I had seen the article. I was wrong, it appeared in PW. Thanks again.
Does anyone have a copy of the article they'd be willing to send?

Al Weber
03-07-2010, 12:56 PM
If you go to the PW site and look up the April 2009 issue, you can download some detail plans as well as a slide show of details.

Matt Kestenbaum
04-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I am not sure which issue it was in...I think it was reprinted in one of the design special issues too. Not sure its of interest, but for what its worth you can build it WITH him in a class over the summer (first full week in July) at Philadelphia Furniture Workshop. He is a GREAT teacher and the school is really very nice. I took a week long beginner week's worth there last summer and have been back for a few other more specific skill classes. They had just finished the writing desk when I was there last summer, it is quite beautiful.

Peter Koutsovitis
04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Are you sure it was not in Popular Woodworking? See http://www.popularwoodworking.com/apr09.

Bud Millis
04-11-2010, 4:33 AM
His desk was in the Pop woodworking April 09 issue. Made one and it was a fun little project.

Brian Penning
04-11-2010, 5:22 AM
Don't mean to Hijack a thread but now PW has articles on changing a toilet valve and dimmer switch??