PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw choice

Larry Ogborn
11-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I am considering upgrading to a Grizzly G1023SL or a Delta
Unisaw W/30" Unifence. Total cost for the Grizz is $973 and
$1300 for the Unisaw. Both prices include shipping.
I have an Incra TSLS fence system that I will transfer to the
new saw and will put the replaced fence on my old saw and
put it up for sale.

Looking for input on best way to go.

:confused: Larry

Tim Morton
11-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Get the Grizz.......well....either that or the delta :cool:

Tom LaRussa
11-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Get the Grizz.......well....either that or the delta :cool:
I agree. :rolleyes:

Ed Lang
11-03-2004, 8:26 AM
My vote......
http://kc4ylx.smugmug.com/photos/9112171-M.jpg

Terry Hatfield
11-03-2004, 8:46 AM
Larry,

You will no doubt get plenty of votes for both saws. Both are great saws and both will serve you well for many years to come. I debated the same question when I got mine and my personal opinion was there was no need to spend more for the Delta. I have the Griz 1023S and I could not be happier.

Terry

Greg Narozniak
11-03-2004, 11:04 AM
I have the Unisaw but I have a 50" fence. When I was shopping if I had wanted a 30" I would have probably bought the Grizz. Nice machine.

Steve Clardy
11-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Griz 1023S here. Been a faithful machine.
Steve

Chris Padilla
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Larry,

You'll be happy with either but the Griz will keep a few more dollars in your pocket...temporarily...until you buy some other toys with it! :)

Ed,

That looks exactly like my saw...did you sneak into my shop and snap a pic. I have the same saw, the 5k sled, and the TS-3a fence as well. :) However, I see you opted for the 96" rails and you have the newer Incra adjuster. Nice stuff, eh? :D

Ed Lang
11-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Larry,

You'll be happy with either but the Griz will keep a few more dollars in your pocket...temporarily...until you buy some other toys with it! :)

Ed,

That looks exactly like my saw...did you sneak into my shop and snap a pic. I have the same saw, the 5k sled, and the TS-3a fence as well. :) However, I see you opted for the 96" rails and you have the newer Incra adjuster. Nice stuff, eh? :D
I bought one of the "original" Incra's back in the 80's if I recall right. It is all plastic and has stick on temps. I just keep it on the wall now. Yes, I do like the combo and even have Incra for the router table, both lift and fence. Incra 90* and 45* as well.

BTW.... thanks for leaving the door open last night so I could use the shop and take the pictures :D

Larry Ogborn
11-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the input. I was leaning toward the Grizzly and
all of your comments tip the balance for me. Of course I
will use the "saved money" to purchase another toy.

Larry :)

JayStPeter
11-03-2004, 12:56 PM
I have the Unisaw but I have a 50" fence. When I was shopping if I had wanted a 30" I would have probably bought the Grizz. Nice machine.

Same here. I was looking at Grizzly, Jet, and Delta. I got a good deal on the limited edition Unisaw with all the covers and mobile base. Came out to only around $50 more than a Grizzly with the same and I was able to take it home that day.

I'm happy with the Unisaw. If I had the Grizzly (or Jet), I'd probably be happy with it.

Jay