PDA

View Full Version : I've searched and searched, but can't find this specific product. Any thoughts?

Janet Liddiard
03-07-2010, 1:46 AM
I've been searching for two hours and cannot find this specific product anywhere. In theory (if my information is correct), it is a Genuine Walnut perpetual plaque with grooves. The size is 12" x 12.5".

JDS has a very similar one, but it is Cherry Finish. I'm looking for one that is solid wood, with the grooves, and does not come with the tags already attached.

I've checked catalogs for Victory, Airflyte, JDS and Marco. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would sure be appreciated. Thanks!

Janet

john passek
03-07-2010, 2:50 AM
Hi Janet
Have you tried discounttrophydotca they have a lot of stuff.
This is the Canadian site but they are located all over the US as well.
Good luck.

Gene Hobbs
03-07-2010, 9:54 AM
Look at Continental awards. I got their new catalog, on page 82 they have a 12x12.5 plaque it is a cracked cherry, but it looks just like the one seen in the photo you have.

Gene

Janet Liddiard
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
So, it looks like discounttrophydotca is the same as Marco. Unfortunately, no luck there.

The Continental one would work if it is solid wood. Does anyone know if cracked cherry is a solid wood or is that just a cherry finish?

James Rambo
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
JDS has them Item # PPQ-12 pg 50 of the 2009 catalog wwwdotjdsindustriesdotcom

Janet Liddiard
03-07-2010, 1:44 PM
Unfortunately, the JDS one is just Cherry Finish instead of solid wood.

James Stokes
03-07-2010, 2:06 PM
Just make one, Get a plain walnut plaque and cut where the plates go. I do it all of the time.

Janet Liddiard
03-07-2010, 5:51 PM
James, thanks for the suggestion. I almost tried that last night after searching for two hours, but also hadn't found any solid wood 12" x 12.5" plaques that would be ideal for this project. Hmmm... perhaps it's time to adjust my plan. I'll give it a try to just to it myself. Thanks to everyone!

Martin Boekers
03-07-2010, 7:56 PM
Janet, I don't know your time frame or budget, but here is some thoughts; places like Lee Woods, or Colorado Heirloom will make custom sized plaques. I would get the size you need then laser the outline and fill if needed.

Also you may post on the Wood Workers side SMC and may find someone close that will make you the plaque.

Marty

Dave Gates
03-08-2010, 1:30 PM
I'm pretty sure SimbaCal makes that board

Bill Cunningham
03-09-2010, 9:03 PM
This company is in Ontario, if they don't have it, they will make it.. eliteawards dot com/browser.html
Will put you on their catalog search page
http://www.eliteawards.com/awp118.jpg

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bill/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bill/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bill/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png

Tom Gooch
05-17-2010, 5:03 PM
Dave is Correct, that is a SimbaCal product. www.simbacal.com (http://www.simbacal.com)