PDA

View Full Version : An apology

Rob Littleton
11-02-2004, 10:10 PM
I genuinly apologize for the bad taste thread I posted.

Those that read it, know what I am talking about.......

Please forgive me. My humor steps over the line every so often.

regards

Tony Falotico
11-03-2004, 7:35 AM
Sometimes it's hard to step up to the plate, but it feels so__ooh good once we get there. I'm proud of ya Rob, but not as much as HE is.

Jerry Olexa
11-03-2004, 3:07 PM
You know you are forgiven.....He that is without, cast the first stone...

Tyler Howell
11-03-2004, 3:12 PM
What? What?:eek: I always miss the good stuff:(

Chris Padilla
11-03-2004, 3:26 PM
Yeah, that is what I was thinking, too, Tyler. :(

Royce Meritt
11-03-2004, 3:41 PM
Me also! It is a lot more fun to get an apology when you know what they are apologizing for!

Jerry Olexa
11-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Go to his "all posts". You'll find it there. IMHO not bad...

Chris Padilla
11-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Rob, clear out your PM stuff...you've exceeded the quota and can no longer receive PMs.... :)

JayStPeter
11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Go to his "all posts". You'll find it there. IMHO not bad...

Nope, I saw that one and would've had no idea it required an apology (although I was a little afraid to click the link at work ;) ). I consider it a good natured observation of a name that wasn't entirely well thought out. Carry on Rob, and please keep the sense of humor intact.

Jay

Steve Jenkins
11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
You never know Rob. Years ago on another forum far far away I posted " did you ever notice how much the word entrepreneur sounds like 'I tripped in manure'?"
I couldn't believe the amount of flak I caught for that one.

Bill Grumbine
11-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Rob

I know that you and I probably think in the same ways about a lot of things, and I think that it shows a lot of character to apologize on the forum here, but I wasn't sure what it was you were apologizing for. Then I saw that the thread was not deleted, and went and read it. Actually, I reread it, since I saw it the first time. I actually thought it was pretty funny. I appreciate your concern, but I do not think you have anything to worry about.

I have a very funny (true) story that involves some of the same words, but I will not tell it here.

Bill

Shelley Bolster
11-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Rob. I for one, being a member of the "weaker sex", find no reason why you feel you have to apologize. Actually, I laughed out loud, not so much because of the web address, but that no one at the company noticed how it reads! Reminds me of newspaper wedding announcements that Jay Leno reads - has no one ever heard of Proof Reading? So please Rob, don't worry about having offended anyone, most of us probably got just a good laugh.
Shelley

John Miliunas
11-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Egads....I must've been living under a rock for the last several years! Had it not been for your apology, I would never (and I do mean *NEVER*) have noticed the "hidden" connotation! :o Now, I'm laughing at both, the site name and more so at MYSELF for being such a maroon! :o Really, Bob, as long as you have it out there, your apology is accepted, though I really don't see a need for it! :) Heck, there's a LOT worse than that on any given evening of Prime Time on the tube! :mad: :) :cool:

Donnie Raines
11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I felt that it was funny!....but I knew that "someone" would ruin the fun so to speak. I find that anything that has a risky over tone to it should be avoided....even though they are truley not offensive to the masses.

Words like Conservative, Liberal and Moderate fall into this category as well.... :D :D :rolleyes:

Michael Stafford
11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
I genuinly apologize for the bad taste thread I posted.

Those that read it, know what I am talking about.......

Please forgive me. My humor steps over the line every so often.

regards
Hey, Rob, no harm no foul. I don't think anyone misinterpreted your meaning and it is funny. Who ever named that web site needs to go back to the drawing board. Thank you for your concern but if that is the extent of any transgressions that occur here we are all going to be all right> ;)

Steve Clardy
11-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I didn't see a problem with it. Kinda humerous to me. Everybodys got their own humor.
What irks me is when someone trashes your post, picking through it and outright telling you you are absoutely wrong. Everyone has their own experiences and ideas.

I watched in dismay a post by Bill G. about his sawmill trip and the kids there, as He got flamed and such on two different forums. Wasn't necessary at all.

Rob Littleton
11-04-2004, 1:07 PM
I think there were a couple out there that got offended and not being malicious, I never meant to offend. I thought, since one or two had been offended, there might be others.

I apprecaite your kind words.

Betsy Yocum
11-04-2004, 1:31 PM
Rob - no need to apologize - but thanks for stepping to the plate and doing so when someone was offended. If that's all it takes to offend someone though then we all should walk on eggshells.

Personnally I think the original post was funny and we could all use a good laugh these days.

Sorry that you are having to go through the experience.:(

Betsy

Aaron Koehl
11-04-2004, 1:44 PM
Rob,

To my knowledge the post was never "reported to moderator", which is our primary determining factor in moving threads to the penalty box. I'm lenient when it comes to posts--unless they're reported I usually leave them alone.

Donnie Raines
11-04-2004, 1:53 PM
Rob,

To my knowledge the post was never "reported to moderator", which is our primary determining factor in moving threads to the penalty box. I'm lenient when it comes to posts--unless they're reported I usually leave them alone.
Aaron,

I had posted on Monday a "good luck on Tuesday" post which had some very easy going conversation...nothing that was at all offensive. It was then deleted...and no one had notified me as to why. I dont know if it is a "rule" per say, but contacting people when a post is removed would be a good rule to adopt.

Thank you!

Royce Meritt
11-04-2004, 2:08 PM
Do you suppose what got some people's panties in a bunch was NOT that they were offended but because when they clicked on the link they were directed to s web site about PENS!!!???

Aaron Koehl
11-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Aaron,

I had posted on Monday a "good luck on Tuesday" post which had some very easy going conversation...nothing that was at all offensive. It was then deleted...and no one had notified me as to why. I dont know if it is a "rule" per say, but contacting people when a post is removed would be a good rule to adopt.

Thank you!
Donnie,

What originated as easygoing conversation became political, which is at odds with our terms of service. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to send out 40 emails to the posters in that thread explaining that it was moderated.

Keith Starosta
11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Donnie,

What originated as easygoing conversation became political, which is at odds with our terms of service. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to send out 40 emails to the posters in that thread explaining that it was moderated.

Aaron, I can understand what you are saying, but I do think that maybe a quick note to the originator of the note would be in order, IMHO.

Keith

Donnie Raines
11-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I was thinking more in line with what Keith suggested. I would not expect an e-mail telling me about a thread I had posted to was deleted. However, if I had started a thread and it was deleted, I feel a response should be in order.

Frank Pellow
11-09-2004, 9:06 PM
I agree with Keith and Donnie. The originator of the thread should be notified.

Aaron Koehl
11-10-2004, 11:41 AM
While I would like to make a notification when a thread is moved, unfortunately, it's just not practical at this time.