PDA

View Full Version : More wood!! Thanks, Jeff Nicol!

John Keeton
03-04-2010, 8:55 AM
Thought I would post a quick pic of the great bunch of dry blanks I bought from Jeff Nicol!! Thanks! This is the second batch of wood I have bought from Jeff - very pleased! I think he has some more he is going to put on his website - should there be another addict in the house?!?!?:o

With this, and the continual shipments from Mike Smith, the storage area of my shop building is getting a bit crowded.

Lori Kleinberg
03-04-2010, 9:11 AM
Nice haul, I would love some of that stuff. Oh well, just starting, my turn will come.
Enjoy

bob svoboda
03-04-2010, 9:21 AM
Congratulations John. Looks like a lot of fun ahead!!

steven carter
03-04-2010, 9:25 AM
Congratulations John! How are you going to manage staying at the office with all that great wood to turn?

Steve

Steve Mawson
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
My aunt lives in Lexington. Perhaps I should come down and help take some of that wood out of storage???:D:D I know you will get to it at the rate you have been turning.

phil harold
03-04-2010, 5:13 PM
Congratulations John! How are you going to manage staying at the office with all that great wood to turn?

Steve
could get a mini lathe and keep it under his desk
If you get hold of George Costanza he knows a carpenter that could build you a shop under your desk...

John Keeton
03-04-2010, 6:08 PM

SteveSteve, it isn't getting any easier with this turning thing. I have always had a hard time not leaving early when I had a flatwork project going - turning is 10X worse!!

My aunt lives in Lexington. Perhaps I should come down and help take some of that wood out of storage???:D:D I know you will get to it at the rate you have been turning.Steve, maybe you should do just that, and stop in for a visit!!

David E Keller
03-04-2010, 6:20 PM
Looks like a lot of fun stacked up there... I'm actually relieved that you have "continual" shipments of wood coming in as I was worried that your pace of turning was faster than the rate of wood delivery.:D

We'll have to see if deforestation rates are up in the US after your first year in the vortex.:eek:

Baxter Smith
03-04-2010, 9:46 PM
You don't mess around! Looks like lots of different things to try there!:)

Bernie Weishapl
03-04-2010, 10:33 PM
John what can I say. You are just going to have to pull that table saw closer and drop that bench down for storage.:D:rolleyes:;) Congrats John.