PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Slope!

Tyler Howell
11-01-2004, 10:01 PM
More Christmas. LV came through today with some wonderful treats. Though a slippery slope, I can make some nice carved medium and short radius "S" turns. Mash some serious moguls if I have to.
This is the Varitas LA Jack. I got a HA Iron to go along with it and as soon as I finish gloating I'm going to go play. Speaking of play there was some hankie pankie back at the warehouse. When I opened the box out popped these two little babies. Aren’t they cuuuuute?? Sharp and funtional.:D
Play time.

Jim Becker
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Boy, that Jack looks like it's made from a very beefy hunk of ductile iron. Strangly enough, I was looking at this very tool on the LV site earlier tonight before Dr SWMBO returned from Beantown and we whisked off for a bite to eat.

Do tell more about those little power-houses, too! They both look smart and useful.

Steve Evans
11-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Tyler

That's odd, those two must have twins, cuz I have a couple that look just like them. Bought mine at the Woodstock wood show, and after a couple of weeks of playing with them, I like them. Handy for some small little jobs, and you can't argue with the price.

Steve

Mark Singer
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Both feet well planted on the slippery slope....Now once you make that first turn....its smooth planing

Erin Raasch
11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Oooohhh ... those babies are just too cute for words. I'm thinking about trying to build a dulcimer in the not-too-distant future . . . so I may just have to get me that pair. :)

John Miliunas
11-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Well, at least he had the decency to leave that Makita charger in the picture! :D Dude, you're really starting to worry me! Have you as much as flipped the switch on the poor ol' PM lately to see if its spirit hasn't been completely broken?! :eek: :confused: Oh, nice score, BTW. :) :cool:

Chris Padilla
11-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Ooooh, yeah. Check out the woodie I bought brom Gene in the Classified section..."slip sliding away"

JayStPeter
11-02-2004, 1:00 PM
Tyler,

I replaced the Festool 150/5 on my Christmas list with a LV Low Angle Smoother when a 150/5 arrived at my doorstep from the West Coast. I will actually have to wait for Christmas to (possibly) get mine.
Let us know how that LA Jack works.

Chris,

Let me know when you want to sell that Rotex to get some wooden smoothers ;) .

Jay

Chris Padilla
11-02-2004, 2:59 PM
Jay,

This is just a feeling by me but you might be waiting a while! ;)