PDA

View Full Version : Squaring table on Rikon 14in bandsaw

Bill Gillean
03-03-2010, 5:30 PM
I have a Rikon 14in bandsaw which I like but . . .

I have squared the table to the side of the BS blade per the instruction manual but the instructions are not clear to me as to how to square the table to the back of the blade.

The instructions say to turn the "rear trunnion micro adjusting screws" to square the table to the back of the blade.

Now I realize I'm probably being very dense in not seeing exactly what they are talking about and this is my first bandsaw so I don't have much experience.

Could anybody better describe where to find these screws or do I just shim it like I've read on some other threads on squaring bandsaw tables?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ted Drain
03-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I had the same problem - the manual is worthless. I hate it when they reference specific part numbers and then give you an exploded diagram that doesn't include those part numbers.

Look on the trunnion where it attaches to the base on the side towards the right side of the table (if you're facing the front of the saw). There are two small set screws - one at the front and one at the back on either side of a single bolt with an allen head that connects the trunnion to the base. They are just below the threaded rod that's connected to the handle that locks the table tilt.

Loosen the bolt in the middle with an allen wrench, adjust the screws (turn the back one down to raise the back of the table) and tighten the bolt.

Tom W Armstrong
03-07-2010, 7:31 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back up but I'm having the same problem with my new Rikon 18". Once I purchased a good (Incra) square, it was easy to set the table square to the blade on the sides. However, the manual directions for setting the table square to the back of the blade make no sense. Ted's thoughts also don't help. :(

If no one has a better idea I'll call Rikon tomorrow.

Spoke with Tech support today. Actually, Ted's description above is right on, just needed to hear again while I was looking at directly at the saw.

Bill Gillean
03-08-2010, 5:10 PM
Thanks very much for this advice.

I will add that I also emailed the Rikon support and they sent a similar suggestion within hours.

Over the weekend, I went back and looked harder and was able to find the holes but I had to feel for them. They are not really visible.