PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Bluetooth Help

Paul Ryan
03-03-2010, 1:08 PM
I am looking for some laptop help. Hopefuly I can get it resoved with out taking it to someone.

I have been using a bluetooth mouse for about a year. The scrolling wheel got bad. So, I ordered a replacement mouse from amazon. The new mouse was a different brand a microsoft notebook 5000. The one I ordered worked great for 2 weeks. One day while using the mouse it quit. I was gone in my devices section. I replaced the batteries and tried to rediscover the mouse and reconnect. I could discover the mouse but not connect. After tring over and over to connect, the laptop eventually quit discovering the mouse all together. I can still use the old bluetooth mouse it works properly. But cannot discover the new mouse. I called amazon and they replaced the mouse.

The replacement mouse same microsoft mouse arived yesterday. Same problem the laptop will not even discover the new mouse. I have called microsoft they said I need to update the "bluetooth stack". I have downloaded a updated bluetooth driver from broadcom which is the developer of the current software. However I cannot install that driver. I have deleted the old driver but cannot instal the new driver.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. This is really irritating me since the old bluetooth mouse still works, so I know the bluetooth is working.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Padilla
03-03-2010, 5:57 PM
Why can't you install the new driver?

Paul Ryan
03-03-2010, 6:11 PM
I dont know why the new driver wont install. It starts and imediatly gives me an error code saying it cant install the driver, contact the bluetooth device's manufacturer. I chatted with HP last night to no avail as well. That was and hour of trying to explain the problem and getting nowhere.