PDA

View Full Version : New to the Creek and a project

Lamar Horton
11-01-2004, 7:52 PM
Hello all, I was pointed here to the creek by a friend. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts here and thought it was about time for me to post a thread. Here is a project (http://www.handcraftedbylamarhorton.com/html/current_projects.html)I started today for a buddy of mine. He supplied the wood and I supplied the shop and labor. He would have done this himself but he cannot find the time. I'm just happy to get back into the shop after a couple weeks of down time. :) Hope you like and thanks.

Lamar

Edited: 11-12-04
Here is the progress of the project (http://www.handcraftedbylamarhorton.com/html/current_projects2.html)I have been working on.

Frank Pellow
11-01-2004, 7:57 PM
Welcome to Saw Mill Creek, Lamar. That is a nice project and an excellent presentation.

Chris Padilla
11-01-2004, 8:19 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Lamar! It looks like you have some widom to share with us...we look forward to yankin' it outta ya! ;)

:D

Kelly C. Hanna
11-01-2004, 8:26 PM
Very nice Lamar! Welcome to the best ww'ing forum on the web...lots of great people here.

Dale Thompson
11-01-2004, 9:58 PM
Lamar,
Welcome to the Creek. Great work. Super project. Excellent presentation and photography! Stick around, Lamar, I'll be having some questions for you.

Thanks much for FINALLY posting! :) :)

Dale T.

Michael Stafford
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the Creek Lamar. Presentations like that are educational for many of us. Thanks and I look forward to many more learning opportunities. Really excellent!!

Tyler Howell
11-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the Creek Lamar. A very fine presentation.

Jerry Olexa
11-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Welcome Lamar! Project looks good!!

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Evenin' Lamar and welcome:

As a "Rounder", your presentation almost makes me want to do some Flat Board work.

Maybe later, I have tooooooooooooooooooooo many rounder chunks out there right now.

Again, welcome - looking like a very nice project.

Bruce

John Miliunas
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey Lamar, really glad for you to have joined us! :D As the others have already indicated, looks to me like you may have a fair amount of wisdom to share! Looks to be a great project in progress and the manner in which you're presenting it is a tutorial in and of itself! Splendid job! :) Hope to see you around these parts more often. Like I always say, come often, stay long...And keep those pictures comin'! :cool:

Pete Harbin
11-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Welcome Lamar! Nice work, and thanks for the documentary! Looking forward to more project posts from you.

Pete

Lamar Horton
11-02-2004, 7:45 AM
Thanks to everyone, I really appreciate all of your kind words. I will keep you posted on the progress. You seem to be a great bunch of guys. :)

Lamar

Jon Olson
11-02-2004, 9:37 AM
Welcome, The project looks great and the website is well layed out. Can't wait to have your input on the Creek subjects.

Thanks for joining!!

Jon

Ken Fitzgerald
11-02-2004, 9:59 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek Lamar! Take and leave info as you deem necessary! Great looking project! Again....Welcome!

Marshall Harrison
11-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Creek Lamar. You'll find it a great place to hang out. Sometimes it's too great as it is easier to get your woodworking fix hangin out here instead of working in the 'shop.

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
welcome Lamar, great presentation. Wow power tools and hand tools are you going to turn finials for it also. Great job.

Roger

Ted Shrader
11-02-2004, 1:42 PM
Lamar -

First, Welcome to the Creek! The vanity is coming right along.

What kind of mortiser is that in the pictures? How do you like it?

Regards,
Ted

Hal Flynt
11-02-2004, 3:12 PM
Welcome to the creek, the waters fine!

Good looking work, glad to have you here!

Hal

Lamar Horton
11-02-2004, 8:13 PM
Lamar -

What kind of mortiser is that in the pictures? How do you like it?

Regards,
Ted
Its a Delta 14-651 and I like it a lot. I have the DP attachment and used it so much that I thought I would spring for the dedicated machine. I have been very happy with it. I have placed a piece of plywood over the base to cover the hole under the bit for support as it tries to tip the work piece a little if you are mortising near the end. I have heard a lot of discontent with the hold down mechanism being inadequate but I have found it to be just fine.

Kent Cori
11-02-2004, 9:01 PM
Lamar,

As everyone else has said, welcome to the Creek and we're glad to have you with us. Your shop looks well equiped and you obviously know what you're doing. You even had pictures with your first post so you clearly have figured out the picuture police's rules!

Tony Falotico
11-02-2004, 9:01 PM
Some mighty nice looking work there, I particularly like the Ice Box and Night Stand.

Lamar Horton
11-12-2004, 8:19 PM
Here is the progress of the project (http://www.handcraftedbylamarhorton.com/html/current_projects2.html)I have been working on.

Steve Jenkins
11-12-2004, 8:32 PM
Hi Lamar, Welcome.
Too bad you didn't find us last month . We had a big BBQ here with better than 60 folks from all over. Would you believe WA.,PA,OK,AR,LA and of course TX.If I missed a state I apologize.
If you get into Dallas, stop in and say hi. I'm really close to Austin Hardwoods.

Lamar Horton
11-12-2004, 8:41 PM
Steve, I heard about the shin-dig, I just couldn't make it and that was me the other day with Kelly when we stopped by to pick up his chair. I still can't get over how great your shop is. I expected to see 8 or 12 guys in there working away.

Lamar

Kelly C. Hanna
11-12-2004, 11:17 PM
You made good progress Lamar! That's a mighty straight cut for a freehander...hmmm....:D

For those who might not know, Lamar and I have joined forces and are working together to provide more services to a wider audience. Advertising is expanding into five counties in our area. We work together well and expect to stay very busy....the future looks bright!:cool: