PDA

View Full Version : Any 20" Jet Planer owners out there

Bob Cooper
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I've got one and i'm reasonably happy with it but I'd like to connect with a few folks that have this same machine (mine is 5HP 3 phase but i'm not that matters too much) to get their take on it and to discuss some things.

Mine is about 3 years old so it's not the new one with the Byrd style head on it.

Model number? I'd have to check but the internet connection is too slow tonight (satellite internet sucks on stormy nights) but it's relatively new and is the same 5 HP 3 phase 20" planer they sell today.

Van Huskey
03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
You probably can open the discussion to many other 20" planer owners. The Jet is one of the generic 4 post 20" import planers that share most parts as well as issues. Take a look at the parts list for the Grizzly G0454 and you will see what I mean.

Glen Butler
03-03-2010, 2:32 AM
I have a 20" Jet. The 3 ph. motor was swapped out for a single phase because apparantly jet had a hard time selling them in a 3 ph. style. Generally I like it. No real complaints except that right now I am waiting for a replacement head because the stock one wasn't machined very well.