PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Jeremy Brown
03-02-2010, 9:13 PM
Hey everyone, I have lurked on here for about 4 months and finally signed up and I haven't introduced myself.

We have a versa laser 2.3 with a 30 watt laser and I am using corel draw x4. The company I worked for used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.

Everything I have done so far is by trail and error. For me, the hardest thing was learning Corel, Ironically I have learned alot from the Epilog website.

I will post some pictures of the things I have done

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site

Joe Pelonio
03-02-2010, 9:25 PM
Welcome, and feel free to ask if any questions come up. This is a great group that share information freely.

Dan Hintz
03-03-2010, 9:42 AM
...used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.
Lasers have a similar limitation, just maybe in a different way.

Welcome!

Anthony Scira
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Welcome, and this is an awesome and friendly place.

Just don't get us started on the Mac vs PC cause we will grind on that for DAYS ! :D

Jeremy Brown
03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Lasers have a similar limitation, just maybe in a different way.

Welcome!

no your right, but the way it benefited us was there is no physical tool touching the surface(causing it to movie or shift while engraving), slight curves made it hard to program how the tool raised and plunged down at different heights and we were limited on how small letters could be.

Peck Sidara
03-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone, I have lurked on here for about 4 months and finally signed up and I haven't introduced myself.

We have a versa laser 2.3 with a 30 watt laser and I am using corel draw x4. The company I worked for used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.

Everything I have done so far is by trail and error. For me, the hardest thing was learning Corel, Ironically I have learned alot from the Epilog website.

I will post some pictures of the things I have done

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site

Welcome to the creek Jeremy. Nothing ironic about learning or gaining from our website as many do, whether they own an Epilog or not. This goes to show our level of service, support for all of those who are interested.