PDA

View Full Version : Costelle/Burns Colaboration

Keith Burns
03-02-2010, 2:53 PM
One of the big advantages of hosting an out of towner demonstrator, besides spending time with a really great guy, is that you get some one on one training. Robin Costelle is a good friend and is the President of the Louisville Woodturners. Our club had Robin for a full day demo Saturday which was great. He wanted to do a colaboration piece as a gift for my wife so Sunday we turned this together. Buckeye Burl with Blackwood. It measures 3-1/2" diameter x 6" tall. Finished with wipe on lacqure and buffed. This piece would blow away in a slight breeze as it only weighs 1-5/8 oz. If you want to see more of Robin's work you can google his name with woodturner behind it. Any comments/critiques are welcome.

Steve Schlumpf
03-02-2010, 3:38 PM
Keith - sure is a beautiful turning! Great form and I really love the natural colors! Very different to see something so richly colored. Judi must have been thrilled with the gift!

Highly recommend everyone to check out Robin's work. He is one of those talented turners who consistently creates extremely nice works of art! Much like Mr. Burns here!

Very nice work Keith! Thanks for sharing!

charlie knighton
03-02-2010, 4:38 PM
very nice...

John Keeton
03-02-2010, 4:46 PM
Keith, thanks so much for posting this. I have admired your work, and Steve speaks so highly of your talent. This piece is superb, with beautiful color, form, and style. I love the darkness of it, and you and Robin have done a masterful job of bringing out all the wood had to offer.

Mark Hubl
03-02-2010, 4:50 PM
That is a beautiful piece. I like the colors.

Tamara Brown
03-02-2010, 5:20 PM
As usual, Keith, this is an exceptional beauty. Your wife is a very lucky woman. I love the buckeye with the blackwood, and the form is perfect.

David E Keller
03-02-2010, 6:29 PM
Gorgeous color... That's the first thing that jumps out at me. The form is beautiful, and the collar, finial, and foot add to piece. I love it.

Bernie Weishapl
03-02-2010, 9:58 PM
Beautiful piece Keith. Form, wood and finial all are spot on.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Keith...I'm sure your wife will adore it! Nice....Very nice collaboration!

Baxter Smith
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Very nice! That shape hollow form appeals to me more than the perfectly symmetrical ones for some reason. Great colors as well.

George Morris
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Kieth that is a beauty! You both do excelent work! You two can stay in Philadelphia any time! G