PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 3 1/4" planer gloat

Mike Cruz
03-02-2010, 2:49 PM
Well, it is and it's not. You may already know about HD no longer carrying the Bosch 1594, but I didn't and somehow, I missed the thread in D&D about HD dropping the price from $159 to $75. So, when I went into my HD yesterday, I noticed all these planers gone, with only the floor sample there. I asked about it, and to make a long story short (too late) I was quoted a price of $75. Well, I was willing to take it, but none of the accesories would come with it... Hmmmm. I told him I would check to see what it would cost for the guide, dust bag, wrench, and case. I called Bosch... HA! Just over $160 for the 4 parts!!!!! :eek: "Um, how can those 4 things WITHOUT THE PLANER be $160+ when the WHOLE set sells for $159 at HD?", I asked. "That's how it comes up on my computer.", was the rep's reply. So, I searched the web and found the guide and bag for just over $70. Not that I need either, but if I want them, I can get 'em.

So, I headed over to HD to see what kind of deal they would give me. I walked out with the planer for $35. Granted, with no accessories, but at least I have the tool...

John Towns
03-03-2010, 9:15 AM
That qualifies as a good gloat. Well done! You did your research and made an informed, and very favorable purchase. Congratulations!

David Thompson 27577
03-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I have one that I bought at (more or less) full price. And I rarely use any of the accessories.

And IMO, it has paid for itself a few times over.

Good Gloat!